ACTED Kandahar Afghanistan
2 months ago
Category: Engineering Program
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: According to ACTED's Salary Scale
Vacancy Number: KBL_142
No. Of Jobs: 1
City: Kandahar City
Years of Experience: At least five years' work experience of which at least two years have been in a managerial role in humanitarian or development projects, particularly in relation to WASH
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Education: At least a bachelor's degree in engineering, Hydraulics, civil engineering
Close date: 2022-09-24
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people's dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people's potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective... governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED's mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED's approach looks beyond the immediate emergency toward opportunities for longer-term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, northeastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts, or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH, and food security.
REACH Initiative has been present in Afghanistan since 2016, providing a growing evidence base for humanitarian response planning through sectoral, multi-sectoral and area-based assessments as well as information management services.
Anyone employed by or working for ACTED shall commit to act according to ACTED's Code of Conduct, which outlines the expected behavior of ACTED teams. To ensure that funds are used exclusively for humanitarian purposes and in accordance with donors' compliance requirements, all job / internship / volunteering offers are subject to the condition that potential staff names do not appear on anti-terrorism lists, in line with ACTED's anti-terrorism policy. To this end, your data shall be automatically processed.
- General objectives of the position:
- Objective 1: Managing and implementing the project according to project's documents
- Objective 2: Provide technical guidance and quality control throughout all aspects of the project implementation
- Objective 3: Effectively manage the project team through coordination and support
- Objective 4: Preparing weekly, monthly, and final reports in coordination with other stakeholders and government line departments.
- Objective 5: Prepare and update regular work plans Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make a plan for the day-to-day implementation of each and every component of the project.
- Manage the project staff, both male and female, and provide them support to run and manage the project.
- Identify suitable areas for WASH infrastructure construction or rehabilitation
- Design and regularly update project work plans
- Design BoQs and technical plans for WASH infrastructure such as boreholes, wells, tap stands, etc.
- Supervise the construction or rehabilitation of water networks across multiple districts
- Design and implement effective hygiene promotion activities
- Design and supervise the construction of new latrine blocks
- Establish and maintain inclusive and effective WASH committees, particularly in relation to the mapping of water resources and maintenance of WASH infrastructure
- Lead a community-based approach for the maintenance of WASH infrastructure beyond the project cycle
- Manage expenses and provide accurate financial forecasting in accordance with the project's budget
- Follow up on any relevant project-related procurements with the Logistics department
- Ensure that all project files, including beneficiary lists, are filled correctly in line with ACTED's policies and procedures
- Ensure that all project staff adhere to ACTED's Code of Conduct and Transparency & Compliance procedures
- Draft timely and accurate project reports
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the Project Coordinator or Area Coordinator Job Requirements:
- At least a bachelor's degree in engineering, Hydraulics, civil engineering
- At least five years' work experience of which at least two years have been in a managerial role in humanitarian or development projects, particularly in relation to WASH
- Previous experience in an international NGO preferred.
- Solid technical knowledge of WASH infrastructure construction/rehabilitation, Sanitation activities, and hygiene promotion
- Expansive knowledge of relevant standards within WASH activities
- Good communication, reporting, and project management skills
- Strong financial management and forecasting skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and excellent Pashto
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Auto CAD, and other relevant technical surveys
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility for regular field visits to all project locations
- Ability to effectively and autonomously lead a large project team
Wash Project Manager Kandahar jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.