Lynx Analytics Hong Kong Hong Kong
2 months ago
We have a diverse and inclusive global team comprising Professors, PhDs, MSc’s, and MBAs from Ivy Leagues, INSEAD and NUS with a broad spectrum of experience in start-ups and blue-chip companies (Google, SAP, Vodafone, GE, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, HSBC to name but a few). It is the combination of our industry insight and experience, scalable proprietary technology, and highly qualified people that drives our compelling value proposition.
We are looking for ambitious, innovative, empathetic and relentless team players to explore the career opportunities that we offer as we continue to scale our operations.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to work on automating and productizing advanced big data transformation and analytics pipelines. You would be working with standard big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, etc,), as well as our proprietary big graph analysis framework.
A Data Engineer’s responsibility is to implement and deploy data analysis pipelines at... various clients of Lynx Analytics. This includes participating in the activities below:
• Understand deeply the business problem that we are trying to solve by our analytical solution
• Through continuous consultations with employees of our client, discover the client's existing data sources that are relevant to the problem we try to solve. This includes discussions with client IT, data owners, future business users, etc.
• Working together with the IT teams of the client, define the technical architecture for the analytical solution that we are to deploy for the client.
• Implement the data ingestion subsystem: this is the system responsible for moving all the necessary data sources to a single location where the actual analysis will happen.
• Implement the data analysis pipelines.
• Integrate the results into business UIs developed by Lynx or pre-existing client software systems
• Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably at Masters level or above, in Engineering or another relevant discipline with strong academic results
• Strong programming skills
• Experience in Power BI
• Solid knowledge of Python and Java (or better yet, Scala)
• Good understanding of the Linux OS including basic sysadmin and shell scripting abilities
• Experience in project delivery in a B2B setting
• Good problem-solving skills
• Fluency in English and Cantonese
• Willingness to travel
• Experience in Big Data
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Data Science or Analytics
• Industry experience in working for a big enterprise (like our clients)
WHAT WE OFFER
• Opportunity to work on creating innovative, leading-edge data science pipelines using our state of the art, in-house built big graph tool
• Work closely with the developers of the (big graph) tool you will be building upon
• Be a member of a very strong team with mathematicians, ex-Googlers, Ivy League professors, MBA alumni and telecommunications industry experts
• Startup atmosphere
• Competitive salary
• Equity incentives for employees
• Opportunity to travel (Southeast Asia, US, and Europe)
• Flexible working hours, family-friendly workplace
Data Engineer (Hong Kong) jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.