Dipont Education Wuxi Jiangsu China
2 months ago
Wuxi Dipont School of Arts and Science (formerly Nanwai King's College School Wuxi) is seeking to appoint a Head of SEN to join a learning community that integrates the best of international and Chinese education.
Wuxi Dipont School of Arts and Science opened in September 2018 with 750 pupils and has a current enrollment of just under 2,000 students. This remarkable growth is testament to the quality of the school, its exciting vision and the support of partners, parents and the wider community.
About the Role
The Head of SEN is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the School's Additional Educational Needs or Inclusion Policy to ensure that children with Additional Educational Needs are fully included into the school environment and that all children with AEN achieve their potential.
Main Duties include:
• Set up systems for screening pupils at "point of entry" identifying, assessing and review provision for AEN children once identified
• To keep a profile of... children with additional educational needs
• To observe and support children as appropriate on the special educational needs profile
• To support and advise Key Workers, Teachers, Learning Assistants, etc. as appropriate, in how to include children's needs in the classroom
• To liaise with other schools e.g. prospective pupils
• To take the lead in leasing, co-ordinating and managing all external support from other professionals from outside services and external agencies e.g. Educational Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, etc
• To arrange, organize and review support for individual children
• To keep Teachers, Key Workers (Early Years) and Learning Support Teachers, and Learning Assistants up to date with AEN and inclusion issues and to encourage personal development through courses and INSET
• To meet with parents regularly in order to maintain good relationships and to keep parents informed about their child's progress
• To keep abreast of changes in legislation/practice from government from the UK as well as within the network of Schools
• To organize INSET relevant for staff in different parts of the School ensuring
• To review individual children's IEPs termly as appropriate
• To write detailed education reports about individual children for other professionals and parents
• To review profiles via annual and interim review meetings
• To meet at least termly with the Head of School Sections
• To develop and share knowledge of resources (equipment, books, materials and knowledge of possible strategies)
• To develop links with other Schools
• Highly competitive salary levels
• High quality housing
• Annual return airfare for employee and dependents
• Medical insurance for employee and dependents
• Full tuition support for employees with school-age children
About the School
The school is located in Binhu District, an area that preserves the historic character of canal-front public spaces, lake scenery and open parkland with high quality residential, business, retail and recreational facilities.
The school is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including a multi-purpose auditorium, a sports complex, a 50-metre swimming pool, a fitness centre, a boathouse and boarding facilities.
Our staff contribute significantly to the co-curricular program, pastoral and house systems and demonstrate great commitment to the students in their care. An excellent CPD program is available at the school that includes professional development workshops on a range of topics.
About Dipont Education
We have been at the forefront of international education in China for more than thirty years. We employ over 400 expat teachers and have more than 6,000 students enrolled in our high school programs, partnered with some of the best schools in the country. Our independent schools across China are model examples of what a fusion of Chinese and Western pedagogy can become.
Professional development includes a thorough orientation for new staff as well as ongoing contact with experts in the field. Internal career path opportunities are open to capable and high performing educators, with the potential to move into curricula or program management roles.
• Bachelor Degree or higher
• Skilled and Qualified Teacher
• Minimum of 5 years teaching experience
• Management Experience
• Ability to multi-task
• Skilled in Instructional Planning, consultation, coordination and general teaching competencies
• Previous experience with educational evaluation strategies
Wuxi Jiangsu China
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.