Domestic & General
Domestic & General United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 months ago
Location: Hybrid – with visits to our office in Wimbledon as and when required
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sustainability / ESG Manager to join the Marketing Team here at Domestic & General. Reporting to the Director of Innovation and Sustainability, you will play a vital role in developing and communicating our sustainability strategy in line with our business purpose, which is to make the world a better place, one repair at a time. You will help embed and accelerate our long-term commitment to Sustainability across the organisation.
As Sustainability Manager, you will work closely with the Marketing & Brand, Internal & External Communications, Finance, Facilities, Operations and Product teams to set and activate D&G’s group-wide sustainability strategy, whilst leading and coordinating specific initiatives.
Domestic & General is a company with an ambitious future. We are expanding our... horizons and entering new markets and we need your expertise to help make it happen. We are an international company who works with some of the worlds most respected and well-known brands of domestic appliances and electronic consumer goods. These opportunities don’t come around often, so this really is a position not to be missed.
Key role responsibilities:
• Support the development and implementation of an ambitious, impactful, and clear sustainability strategy.
• Leadership and coordination of Sustainability / ESG related company-wide initiatives.
• Data gathering, analysis and the production of environmental metrics/reports, ensuring robust, timely, auditable, and transparent disclosure and reporting processes.
• Producing and communicating engaging Sustainability / ESG content, working with various stakeholders to ensure this is visible and impactful both internally and externally.
• The creation of Sustainability / ESG policies and standards, working across the business to ensure these are up to date, embedded and understood.
• Researching Sustainability / ESG best practice and being proactive in bringing and implementing a best-in-class approach to ESG, regularly sharing industry trends and insights.
• Drafting regular Sustainability / ESG business updates and ensuring the business and leadership are regularly updated on progress.
• Being a point of contact for internal and external Sustainability / ESG enquiries.
Skills and experience required:
• Previous proven experience in Sustainability / ESG analysis and management, with familiarity in producing, collating, and presenting data.
• A keen passion and interest in driving environmental and social impact.
• Detailed knowledge of best in class Sustainability / ESG initiatives, issues, policies, and reporting frameworks.
• Ability to engage and influence different audiences, as well as bringing them onboard and in alignment on key priorities.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak confidently on Sustainability / ESG matters across all levels.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Great researcher, with the ability to clearly identify and articulate trends on risks and opportunities.
• Strong attention to detail, with the confidence of working with data and numbers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with an outcome focussed mindset and strong time management/organisational skills.
Desired skills and experience:
• Previous experience in an ESG / Sustainability-based role.
• Research based experience, through a previous position or educational studies.
• Additional qualifications in ESG related topics would be a plus.
We offer lots of great benefits! Some of which include:
• Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
• 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
• Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
• Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
• Attractive company pension scheme
• Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
• Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing, and support services:
o Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
o Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand-new vehicles
o Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
o Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
• Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
• OnHand – Giving you the opportunity to be an Eco & Social volunteer via a handy app. Volunteer individually or in groups to get involved in Youth Mentoring, Food Poverty, Homelessness & Elderly help.
• Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness, and family issues
• Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
• Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sustainability Manager United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.