Apollo London United Kingdom
2 months ago
Who we are:
Apollo is an independent specialist (re)insurer launched in 2009 to provide high quality products and services to clients, brokers, and capital partners at Lloyd's. The Apollo name recognised the success of one of its founding investors Neil Armstrong, who in 1969 was the first person to land on the moon. Along with Jim Hays, Neil saw the opportunity to build a differentiated service provider at Lloyd's.
Today, Apollo is a team of more than 200 colleagues, servicing clients, partners and brokers from across the globe through its unique augmented underwriting approach.
"We attract and retain the highest quality talent by developing a team atmosphere where opportunity exists for our employees and partners." David Ibeson, Group CEO
To support us on our collective journey to success we are now hiring for a Group Company Secretary.
This is a great opportunity for a Deputy or Assistant Company Secretary looking to develop management capabilities and working with... the CEO and Chair of the Apollo companies to establish good governance.
What you'll do:
• Facilitate Board and Committee meetings including setting the agendas, circulating papers, attending meetings and writing minutes of those meetings, and follow up on any actions in order to establish a seamless Board and Committee meeting schedule that allows the business to meet its regulatory and legal obligations.
• Advise the Board on matters related to corporate governance including management of conflicts of interest, conduct of meetings and the terms of reference of Boards and Board Committees
• Prepare and file all required forms under the Companies Acts
• Complete FCA/PRA and Lloyd's filings as requested from time to time by the directors or as agreed with the Compliance Officer of ASML
• Maintain the share register for AGHL
• Maintain and store the full suite of statutory company documentation for AGHL and its subsidiaries
• Ensure that regular Board Evaluation Reviews are carried out as agreed with the Chair of AGHL and monitor and report on actions arising from the reviews
• Assist in the induction process for new Board members
What we are looking for:
• Qualified Company Secretary or extensive prior experience of Company Secretarial work in a regulated business
• Good working knowledge of company secretarial procedures and statutory requirements for all standard statutory returns and filings, amendments to articles of association, share capital reorganisations, and share issues and transfers.
• Member of Chartered Governance Institute desirable but not essential.
• Familiarity with Corporate Governance standards and best practice in the UK
• Good interpersonal skills – friendly, confident, and approachable with the ability to deal with colleagues and clients at all levels in a professional and diplomatic manner.
• Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work with a degree of autonomy.
• Excellent organisational and writing skills, with a close attention to detail.
• Integrity and discretion when dealing with confidential material.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work well within a team
What you will get in return:
As well as your salary, this role offers a discretionary bonus plus a broad range of benefits, including Non-Contributory Pension, Private Medical & Travel Insurance.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
Apollo is a growing and diverse team of empowered and passionate experts who focus on bringing innovation, data driven decision making and collaboration to every relationship and every risk. To meet the needs of a demanding global insurance market, we need a diverse workforce that truly understands the international communities we serve.
That is why we're focused on developing diverse talent at every level; inclusion and diversity means more to us than just chasing a target and we are committed to supporting and celebrating difference. Our people are at the heart of our business which is why we value the diversity of thought and talent of every member of our team.
We offer a range of support and run a programme of events and training that recognise the challenges and opportunities relating to diversity.
Hybrid & flexible working:
At Apollo Hybrid & Flexible working is fully embraced with many of our colleagues enjoying a home and office work balance with up to 1-2 days a week in our London office.
We understand that no one colleague is the same and that each of us has our own responsibilities and roles outside of our working life, meaning we actively support and empower employees to manage this within our flexible working guidelines.
We want everyone to have equal access to our recruitment and selection processes so if you require any adjustments or assistance, please get in touch with us via [email protected].
To find out more about our values, ESG strategy and commitment to inclusion please click on the 'Life at Apollo Pack' link at the bottom of our careers page https://apollounderwriting.com/careers
Group Company Secretary London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.