The Curve Group
The Curve Group London United Kingdom
2 months ago
We have a current opportunity for a Assistant Company Secretary (R3279) on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London and 4 day working week role. It will be 2 days in the office and 2 days at home.
About the job
To support the Senior Assistant Company Secretary and the Group Company Secretary in the delivery of company secretarial support within the Company Secretarial function and to Just Group plc and its group companies (the Company), with particular emphasis on the Just Group share incentive plans.
To support the Senior Assistant Company Secretary and the Group Company Secretary, by providing flexible support e which meets the needs of the diversity of the business and the ever changing internal and external environment.
Job Role Accountabilities
• The role holder shall take the lead within Company Secretariat on the Company's share schemes, acting as day-to-day primary contact and managing, in conjunction with HR and both external and internal advisors... the grants and vesting processes.
• Managing the relationship with the Company's registrars including managing the dividend payment process.
• Leading on AGM documentation and management.
• Company Secretarial Support as required, including the provision of governance support to the Company, to ensure that the Company Secretarial function fulfils its purpose, including:
• providing support to the Senior Assistant Company Secretary and the Group Company Secretary with the production, coordination and quality control of Board and committee papers; and
• Support board and committee meetings including support for the preparation of agendas, compilation, and circulation of papers to strict deadlines, minute-taking as appropriate and ensuring follow-up actions are completed;
• Company Secretarial: to deliver a first-class company secretarial service and full governance support to the Group's subsidiaries as required.
• Support the Company Secretary on strategic projects.
• Have a good understanding of the Market Abuse Regulations and the requirements including closed periods and RNS announcements.
• Take ownership of all corporate governance enquiries, resolving and escalating as appropriate. To be familiar with the governing instruments of the Group and Operating Companies and advise on them.
• Such other duties as may from time to time be allocated by the Company Secretary.
• To maintain own competence and personal development.
Examples of Key Activities
• Managing share scheme grants including preparation of grant deeds and informing the administrators.
• Planning and managing the AGM from a team perspective including the preparation of the Notice of Meeting and proxy card, liaising with the registrar and monitoring voting.
• Managing dividend payments.
• Attendance at boards or committees, as directed, preparation of agendas with the Committee Chair, preparing minutes and planning and uploading papers to Diligent.
• Writing and reviewing Corporate Governance sections of the Annual Report and Accounts, as directed by the Senior Assistant Company Secretary and/or the Group Company Secretary.
• Act within the Regulatory Conduct Rules which apply to all our employees and workers: act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence at all times. Protect the interests of our customers, treat them fairly and observe proper standards of market conduct. See Just's Conduct Risk Policy on HQ for details of specific working practices.
• Maintain up to date knowledge on our market, working practices and policies: complete e-learning training on a regular basis including mandatory modules in financial crime prevention, information security, regulatory environment, complaints handling and whistleblowing.
• Develop competence: to focus on continuous improvement of your personal competence and professional development and support your colleagues and their continuous improvement where possible.
• Risk: understand and work within the company's risk framework, reporting risk events and breaches in line with Just's Procedures.
• Culture and behaviours: behaves in a way that supports Just's focus on employee engagement, high performance and strengthens our culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Supports and acts in line with the Just Group Behavioural Principles.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behaviours
Desirable -Associate of the Governance Institute Degree
Skills and Knowledge
• Plc Share schemes knowledge required
• Excellent knowledge of Company Secretarial practice, including blueprint and Diligent board books or equivalent;
• Relevant experience gained in Company Secretarial or Governance-related background preferably in Legal or Financial Services; preferably with experience of Insurance, Investment Banking or Private Equity industries.
• General understanding of business structures and processes;
• Excellent planning and organising skills, highly disciplined;
• Excellent attention to detail and quality focus; ability to assimilate and handle a large volume of information.
• Excellent verbal, written communication (including minute writing skills)and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner (excellent communicator);
• Excellent knowledge of governance and controls, legal compliance and regulation;
• Good influencing skills;
• Good analysis and problem solving skills;
• Sound judgement;
• Maintains confidentiality;
• Ability to work as part of a team and contribute constructively
Assistant Company Secretary London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.