Legette Communications Northampton United Kingdom
2 months ago
Rapidly expanding worldwide industrial automation and vision subsystems, components and sensors manufacturer seeks dynamic, enthusiastic engineering qualified, field sales experienced, or internal or graduate, Area Sales Engineer / Technical Field Sales Executive to develop sales to end users OEMs, integrators and machine builders in the Midlands and East Anglia.
BASIC SALARY: £35,000 - £47,000 - dependant on experience with possible flexibility.
• Commission £8,000 - £10,000 uncapped.
• Company Car
• Fuel Card
• Full BUPA membership after qualifying period
• Life Assurance; x 4
• Full Out of Pocket Expenses
• Hotel Card
• Contributory Pension
• Full Home Communications Package
LOCATION: Midlands & East Anglia
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: West Midlands, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex.
JOB DESCRIPTION... Area Sales Engineer, Graduate Field Sales Engineer, Technical Field Sales Executive - Industrial Automation and Vision Systems, Equipment, 2D/3D and Barcode Scanners, Sensors to OEMs and Machine Builders
• After an initial one-month, full induction training programme (which will then be on-going) including sales and technical - both in the UK and European HQ, you will be given the Midlands and East Anglian territory to develop.
• You will be selling a wide range of industrial vision and automation equipment and subsystems including smart cameras, illumination technology, image processing, 2D/ 3D and barcode scanners and sensors and associated control and automation.
• Although there will also be existing clients and significant business on the area, there will be a new business content using a database of potential clients, following up on exhibition and internet generated leads, Linkedin activity, your own market research and your own lead generation.
• You will be dealing with clients at all levels from Design Engineers, Project Managers, Production Managers, QC, Plant and Operations Managers, up to Director level at customers which are a mix of machinery OEMs and end users..
• There is also a lot of scope to grow sales on the area with systems integrators, special purpose machine builders and packaging machinery OEMs, also end users in automotive, food, pharmaceutical amongst others.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Area Sales Engineer, Graduate Field Sales Engineer, Technical Field Sales Executive - Industrial Automation and Vision Systems, Equipment, 2D/3D and Barcode Scanners, Sensors to OEMs and Machine Builders
To be considered for this potentially rewarding role in terms of remuneration and career progression you will have a genuine passion for highly technical products and solving applications in a consultative manner and
A proven track record of success in technical, engineering or applications field sales, ideally selling industrial vision and/or automation equipment, systems or components to OEMs. You will ideally have a very good mechanical knowledge or understanding either via experience or a degree level qualification. as you will be providing solutions to mechanical problems for the customer.
Some field sales, or possibly internal / office-based Sales Engineer / Applications Engineer or other technical sales experience and a relevant engineering qualification ideally degree level or a good mechanical knowledge.
What is most important is your desire to succeed and exceed targets, and progress in a competitive sales environment.
My client has a very good track record of nurturing and developing the careers of less experienced candidates.
Established for over 30 years across 50 countries worldwide, my client is the UK subsidiary of a leading European manufacturer of a wide range of industrial automation and vision equipment, subsystems and components including 2D and 3D scanners, smart cameras, image processing, illumination and sensors, safety light barriers and systems also ident readers, barcode scanners and fluid sensors. They supply a very broad range of industrial and process machinery OEM's across automotive, food & pharmaceutical, process, and packaging amongst others.
They are a byword for quality, product range and innovation in their market, manufacturing industry leading technology and products in terms of technology and applications that really work. They have experienced consistent 15-20% growth per annum in the last 10 years in the UK.
There is a lot of potential for the successful applicant to grow the role, and your career in a technical / engineering field sales role with a stable, well established and growing UK operation with a low staff turnover that takes a long term view on business, and gives its field sales personnel support and time to succeed.
Specifically you could go into product / sales specialism or sales management- there are examples of present team members who have taken this career path.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP17211, Wallace Hind Selection
Jobs in Northampton United Kingdom
Area Sales Engineer Northampton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.