Thales Hengelo Netherlands
2 months ago
Location: Hengelo, Netherlands
Within Naval Engineering, the department Naval System Engineering is responsible for the complete development cycle of products and solutions: concept definition, system design, system integration and validation. The group Solution IVVQ which is part of the Naval System Engineering department consists of people responsible for the IVVQ activities on solution level.
About the job
As System Test/ IVVQ Engineer you have the responsibility to integrate, verify, validate and qualify the solution towards our customers. You will be part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team. We offer the possibility of working in an exciting and technically challenging domain integrating combat and information management systems with sensors and effectors on board of naval ships. These complex systems include advanced solutions in the area of information processing, information management, user interaction and control of sensors and effectors.
The integration... verification and validation activities take place at the premises of different suppliers, land-based test locations and on board of ships around the world.The Solutions IVVQ group has the responsibility to integrate naval mission solutions and participates in the complete cycle of concept definition, system design, system integration and qualification.
Possible career paths include becoming a senior IVVQ Engineering or Integration Manager within our Solution IVVQ group or towards other roles within our national/international environment.
We are in search for a colleague who:
• Completed a Bachelor/ Master degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications, or similar;
• Has proven work experience in integration, verification and validation of complex industrial systems, preferably within the naval domain (Electronic-, AntiAir-, AntiSurface- & AntiSubmarine Warfare, LINK- and radar systems);
• Has relevant experience in preparation and performing tests and integration activities: documentation, software installation, testing, problem analysis, defect reports, etc;
• Has great communication skills;
• Is a team player, and capable of working with customers;
• Is pragmatic, flexible, determined, and well organized.
• Capable of working under pressure;
• Interested in working with international multicultural teams;
• Open to travel, and willing to learn other languages.
What's in it for you
• A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas;
• Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills;
• Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe;
• A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance;
• You can usually work where and whenever you want. Within Thales, we aim for a 60/40 balance, where you work from home at least two days a week, when your role allows this;
• A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade PTO for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs;
• 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Apply now ! Click on the button below to upload your profile, and show your interest!
Questions ? Reach out for more information to our Talent Acquisition Partner for Systems and Software Engineering, Marguerite Dijkstra, via [email protected] or +31 (0) 628 587 782.
Please note that for this role, we only accept direct applications. Any contact from agencies or media sales will be disregarded.
We actively support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions. That means that equal opportunities, inclusion and an informal culture are integral to our success. It also means that your well-being and happiness matter to us! That's why we offer you the flexibility to do what's important to you; whether that's part time hours, job sharing, remote working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in The Netherlands and employment and/or education history. Some vacancies may require a security clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for security clearance please refer to the General Intelligence and Security Service
System Test Engineer Hengelo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.