Pearson Atlanta GA Georgia
6 days ago
The Software Developer (Full-stack) is responsible for analysis, design, implementation, and unit testing to produce high-quality code for a project team responsible for supporting a number of cutting edge assessment technology platforms. They will use industry best practices while working in a team of high-performing professionals. They are also responsible for maintaining and... supporting mission-critical applications as necessary.
This requisition is part of the Pearson/MZD team, which develops innovative assessment technology platforms. One of the team’s primary responsibilities is supporting a number of technology platforms that deliver exams to test takers, score and report results. We are now in the midst of building our next generation assessment platform, which is a multi-year project with enormous strategic value, leveraging state of the art technologies and processes. We are looking for outstanding candidates to bolster the staff of this critical project.
Location: US Remote
The Pearson/MZD development team is comprised of a small group of inspired developers that thrive on developing cutting edge applications, with a passion for innovation and pride in producing excellent user experiences. Our work environment is collaborative, casual, flexible, agile and results driven. Since the business provides a mission-critical service to a demanding set of clients, high-quality performance is required to meet customer expectations.
The Full Stack Software Engineer Will
• Implement & Perform - Implement designs following Pearson coding standards and industry best practices
• Analyze & Design - Ensure business and requirements artifacts are created that effectively model the customer's requirements. Use tooling and best practices to create design models from requirements
• Review - Participate in requirements, design and code reviews
• Test & Deployment - Work closely with other teams (e.g., QA, configuration management, end users) to release high quality software. Create testable requirements and write and execute unit tests
• Quality/process improvement - Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve process and product quality in pursuit of excellence
Required Education And Experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline
• 3+ years relevant software development experience creating SaaS applications
• Experience with development, maintenance, and testing of software following industry best practices
• Experience with highly available, highly concurrent web-based applications
• Experience with GIT or similar VCS tools
Current Tech Stack
• AWS hosted applications
• 1+ years experience working in an agile environment
• Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
• Quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
• Able to think technically and analytically
• Ability to understand the philosophy of architecture
• Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
• Must have strong time management skills - including the ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timelines
• Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work within a team
Experience with some or all of the following is considered a bonus:
• IMS LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability)
• IMS QTI (Question & Test Interoperability)
• IMS OneRoster
• Common K-12 reporting frameworks suchas (Ed-fi and Caliper)
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado, California, Washington State, New York State and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
Minimum full-time salary range is between $80k - $115k
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 10824
Atlanta GA USA
Full Stack Software Engineer Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.