Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP Toronto Canada
1 week ago
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant in our Business Law Department with an emphasis on Intellectual Property, Trademarks and IP Litigation providing a variety of routine legal and administrative duties to lawyers within the group including preparation of legal documents and correspondence.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Preparing intellectual property documents from written, oral and taped instructions and precedents.
• Preparing Affidavits and litigation documents and scheduling court attendances.
• Drafting routine correspondence on behalf of lawyers, applying proofreading and editing skills to... documents and correspondence.
• Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
• Obtaining information and instructions from clients and forwarding to lawyer.
• Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
• Managing bring forward system and keeping lawyers apprised of matters in office.
• Coordinating and monitoring administrative functions to ensure completion of work accurately and within established time frames.
• Assembling information and maintaining records of lawyers’ and/or firm’s involvement with conferences, organizations and client development initiatives.
• Provide support to other lawyers and staff as required and requested.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
• College Diploma in Legal Administration.
• A minimum of 5 years legal assistant experience specializing in IP, Trademarks and Litigation.
• Understanding of Federal and Superior court procedures.
• Knowledge and familiarly with Pattsy, Kofax/Adobe, ACL, iPro/Eclipse, Titan File and CaseLine.
• Proficient in MS Office 365 with strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong administrative and organizational skills as well as above average attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes
Legal Assistant - Business Law (IP, Trademarks & Litigation) Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.