Amedisys, Inc. Australia Australia
2 months ago
Works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs skilled nursing services as delegated by the registered nurse according to physician’s orders.
• Verifies the plan of care and any verbal orders prior to each visit and provides skilled nursing care to the patient according to the physician’s orders and as directed by the Registered Nurse in accordance with care center policies.
• Performs vital signs and monitors the patient for signs and symptoms of the primary and secondary diagnosis defined by the Plan of Care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
• Reviews all medications for each patient each visit and performs a medication reconciliation at each visit.
• Teaches and trains patients and caregivers in learning appropriate self-care techniques with demonstrations as appropriate to ascertain response to training.
• Collaborates and exchanges patient information with the physician and the Registered Nurse as well as other appropriate... staff as frequently as necessary to assure patient’s needs are being met. Notifies the physician and Registered Nurse as soon as possible when patient’s condition changes.
• Documents clinical visit notes in the home if possible or within time frame mandated by care center policy.
• Performs specialized procedures required as ordered by the physician (i.e. foley catheter change- for which competency has been deemed appropriate).
• Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
• Stays abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
• Participates in Patient Care Conferences as frequently as needed and according to care center policy.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work for the company.
• Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in an NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
• Current CPR certification.
• One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate skills for communicating with individuals of all ages. Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Federal/State rules and regulations, ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Reliable transportation and company required liability insurance.
• Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, usernames, password concepts, internet, email, navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effective use of navigation buttons and tool bars, ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
State Specific Qualifications:
Refer to the Licensed Practical Nurse State Matrix – click HERE.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base rate of pay for this position ranges from, $39.00 to $49.00. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Dependent on the position offered, sign-on bonus payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN Australia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.