United Nations Development Programme
United Nations Development Programme Micronesia Micronesia, Federated States Of
2 months ago
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the knowledge frontier organization for sustainable development in the UN Development System and serves as the integrator for collective action to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting... solutions for people and planet. The Fiji multi-country office covers ten countries including Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu as well as provides support to regional initiatives. This position is located at the UNDP Pacific sub-office in Pohnpei State in the Federated States of Micronesia which was established in October 2021. This office is set up to serve the Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau and the Republic of the Marshall Islands. The office will work closely with the UNDP Pacific office in Fiji to deliver the UNDP multi-country programme document (MCPD, 2023-2027) in these five countries.
UNDP in the Pacific has developed its multi-country programme document (MCPD, 2023-2027) to guide its interventions in the next five years in full alignment and directly to contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF, 2023–27). The Office covers 10 countries in the Pacific with an extensive portfolio which has grown over time. The UNSDCF and UNDP MCPD are designed in full alignment with the 2030 agenda, Samoa Pathway, and 2050 Blue Content Strategy, which is endorsed by the Pacific Island Countries (PICs) among others. The UNDP Pacific Office next five-year plan strategic priorities are encapsulated under three outcome areas: (i) Planet, (ii) Prosperity, and (iii) Peace. Following a strategic review process which was completed in June 2022, UNDP Pacific office structure is aligned to the emerging priorities of the office. In this regard, the programme portfolio will include mutually reinforcing work streams crafted around two clusters (i) Resilience and Climate Change; and ii) Inclusive growth and Effective governance, supported by a policy and innovation team, Operations team, Management and Oversight team that provides strategic guidance on results Management and compliance entrusted with the corporate alignment, programme finance management and quality assurance, and strategic communications team that provides knowledge management and communication support to all programme interventions.
Within the Office, the Operations Team provides backbone support and services to programme related to finance, human resources, digital services, travel and logistics, as well as common services and transactions support. The team further provides demand driven Common services to the UN agencies (per agreed procedures). In addition, the team will provide administrative support to UNDP Staff including project personnel e.g., protocol, visa facilitation, travel, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Analyst is responsible for effective provision of general administration, asset management, ICT, travel and logistics, registry, and general support services in the office. The Administrative Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
S/he works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the office and with UNDP HQs staff and Government officials ensuring successful office performance in Administration.
Ensures implementation of general administrative support services including common services focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Leads CO administrative business processes mapping and elaboration of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
• Coordination of common services and proper planning and tracking of common services and LCSSB budgets and of UN Agencies contributions.
• Ensure efficient billing to the agencies and UNDP projects for all admin related services; report on expenditures and follow up for UNDP remittances and proper recording of receipts in Quantum and ensure integrity of data.
• Monitoring, review and analysis of a variety of data and reports to ensure accuracy and conformance with administrative rules and regulations; initiation of corrective actions when necessary.
• Coordinate preparation of unit budget, audit and other reports and support audit exercises.
• Serve as primary focal point for services provided to the RCO as per prevailing SLA
• Coordinate preparation of budget, audit and other reports and support to audit exercises.
• Manages petty cash in accordance with established procedures, maintains accurate and complete petty cash records and receipts, and ensures that replenishments are done in a timely manner.
• Timely support to the Operations Team on cost-recovery transactions.
• Extraction and analysis of data from various sources.
• Research and retrieval of statistical data from Quantum and external sources, preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
• Proper control of the supporting documents for payments preparation and reporting.
• Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system (in coordination with finance team in Suva) which ensures that transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Quantum; travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed.
• Timely corrective actions on erroneous data in Quantum (in coordination with finance team in Suva). Preparation of financial reports as required.
• Leads Events and conference management of the CO including organizing support for trainings
• Ensure vehicles fleet is managed as per the UN standard and regulations including checking the log-book, fuel consumption and supervising the drivers.
• Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
Ensures proper management ICT services in the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Leadership of the ICT team for effective and client-oriented services
• Leadership of the ICT team for full compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment in coordination with Suva
• Coordination of ICT business processes mapping and elaboration of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs), working closely with the office in Suva
• Preparation of ICT results-oriented workplans.
• Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
• Participation in the office business process re-engineering activities to ensure business needs drive IT solutions related to corporate resource management.
• Develop and implement the business continuity plan, disaster recovery plan in coordination with the operations manager.
• Coordination and supervision of support staff engaged in ICT in the office and projects.
• Coordination of planning of financial resources for ICT.
Ensures proper control of assets and inventory management focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Ensure efficient asset/ inventory management as per UNDP guidance and policies and relevant actions in Quantum.
• Implementation of physical verification of UNDP assets/Inventories in the MCO and projects and complete required certification thereof.
• Proper inventory control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
• Ensure efficient asset/ inventory management as per UNDP guidance and policies.
• Ensuring maintenance of attractive items list for the MCO.
• Implementation of physical verification of UNDP assets/Inventories in the office and projects and complete required certification thereof.
Ensures proper management of office travel, logistical, registry and pouch services focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Ensure implementation of new travel processes and policies as rolled out by the HQ and/or RBAP travel team.
• Effective monitoring of CO travel and management reporting.
• Review of travel authorizations, documentation, payments.
• Coordination of Travel, Logistics and Protocol business processes mapping and elaboration of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Support travel staff and provide advisory support where required.
• Supervision and Coordination of travel management, shipments arrangements and freight, conference facilities arrangements
• Effective oversight of registry and reception services.
• Ensure proper coordination of pouch services for UNDP and other agencies.
• Advisory support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities on administrative matters.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the office and guidance to all stakeholders on administrative matters focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization/conduct of training for the operations/ programme/projects staff on administration, ICT, asset management and travel.
• Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Performs other duties within the functional profile as assigned or deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office.
• The Administrative Analyst will be responsible for supervision, and performance management of the ICT and Asset Management Associate, G6 and Operations and Travel Associate, G6.
• Achieve Results LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
• Think Innovatively LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
• Learn Continuously LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
• Adapt with Agility LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
• Act with Determination LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
• Engage and Partner LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
• Enable Diversity and Inclusion LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
People Management competencies
• UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies:
Business Direction & Strategy:
• Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP's objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks, and opportunities; linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions. Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP.
• Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
• Communication Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
• Customer Satisfaction/Client Management: Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for was to add value beyond clients' immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concern
Administration & Operations
• Lease management: Ability to perform business case analysis to enter into an agreement with owners, governments and sister UN agencies, collect leasehold data for each location and maintain the global premises database; administer RFA
• Assets management: Knowledge of policy & procedures on PP&E; ability to prepare financial statements on PP&E; maintain Asset Management Module in ATLAS, Asset Dashboard; develop supporting tools for assets certification and further enhancements for AM module; design and run training programs, etc. on assets management and assets recording; run AP- AM interface; perform AP-AM-GL reconciliation; perform analytical review of AM reports and asset information to ensure completeness and accuracy of asset information
• Travel Policy and Procedures: Knowledge of travel policy and procedures; ability to interpret travel policy, the Staff Rules, administrative circulars and financial regulations and rules on travel- related matters.
Required Skills and Experience
• Master's degree or equivalent in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Social Sciences or related field or
• Bachelor’s degree in combination with 2 years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the Master’s degree.
• Minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in providing administrative and operational support services, managing staff and operational systems (no year of experience required with Master’s degree).
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
• Experience of working with UNDP or another UN agency would be an asset.
• Fluency in English is a requirement, local language is an added advantage.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
Jobs in Micronesia Micronesia, Federated States Of
Administrative Analyst Micronesia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.