Morgan Stanley Management Service (singapore) Pte. Ltd.
Morgan Stanley Management Service (singapore) Pte. Ltd. Singapore Singapore
2 months ago
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk management processes. We evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards and assists in monitoring the Firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. We are part of a global team with presence in locations in the US, Europe and Asia. Within the team are represented a diverse skill set across business, compliance and financial crimes, risk management, operations, finance, information security and technology who work together to identify, monitor, assess and report on the control environment of the Firm.
About the Role
Morgan Stanley IAD is currently seeking a Senior Manager or Vice President for its Singapore-based Risk... Managementaudit team to cover enterprise-wide risk management across the Asia region. The Risk Management audit team performs audits of the second line of defense in all major markets across Asia to form a view on the effectiveness of controls operating within Firm Risk Management. Additionally, the Risk Management team supports the Institutional Securities Group (ISG) audits of Sales & Trading in Equities and Fixed Income, Prime Brokerage and Electronic Trading businesses where Morgan Stanley is the market leader, Investment Banking and Capital Markets and Research.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Support the Singapore and Asia audit team in performing risk assessments, planning, execution and reporting of regional and global audits
• Participate in the planning of audits to include identification and evaluation of objectives, inherent risks and controls.
• Perform regular audit testing and provide recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes
• Meet with key stakeholders both within and outside IAD, and attend working groups and committees, as part of continuous monitoring activities
• Develop a strong understanding of business and system processes and be able to communicate complex technical issues in simplified terms to management and colleagues from other audit divisions
Who We Are Looking For
Based in Singapore and reporting to the Singapore Audit Coverage Director and regional Risk Management Audit Coverage Director, the successful candidate will be supporting the Asia audit teams to perform risk assessments, planning, execution and reporting of regional and global audits, and continuous monitoring activities. The successful candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
• 7 to 10 years or more of relevant experience in Audit or 1st and 2ndline of defense control or support functions (e.g. risk management, valuation control, strategists etc.) in institutional securities and capital markets, with solid knowledge in wholesale banking business and activities, trading and banking products and risk management processes
• In-depth knowledge in the risk management domain, e.g. market risk, credit risk, operational risk, liquidity risk or model risk, and keeps informed of financial market insights, current affairs across the Asia region and regulatory developments relating to risk management
• Demonstrates critical thinking, strong risk and control mindset, good project management skill, strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the drive to develop independent viewpoint and innovative ideas
• Self-initiated and a proven team player in collaboration and supporting team members
• Fluency in English communication skill is essential and Mandarin language skill is preferred but not mandatory
• Candidate with experience in developing or using Data Analytic tools and techniques will have added advantage
• University bachelor, post graduate degree or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CIA, CFA, CPA, FRM etc.)
Why Morgan Stanley?
• A career with Morgan Stanley means being part of an inclusive culture that encourages diverse perspectives, innovation, and cross-collaboration to bring value to our clients. You'll find passionate people from all walks of life working together to make the world a little better every day.
• We invest in the growth and success of our people through mentorship and development programs, as well as abundant opportunities to connect with peers and senior leaders through employee-driven networks and volunteer activities.
• Your wellness and priorities outside of work are important to us. Our competitive compensation and benefits package is designed to support the diverse needs of our employees and take care of you and your family.
• Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to build and support a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. We are committed to support special needs or reasonable accommodations necessary to enable you to work comfortably and effectively
Risk Management Auditor, Director Singapore jobs
Jobs by Morgan Stanley Management Service (singapore) Pte. Ltd.
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.