The Treasury - New Zealand
The Treasury - New Zealand Wellington New Zealand
2 months ago
Come join us at Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury and help make Aotearoa a better place today and in the future.
• Fantastic graduate programme with extensive learning and development opportunities
• Competitive salary + Benefits
• Contribute to important mahi/work for Aotearoa
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
• The opportunity to work in a supportive team doing important mahi for New Zealanders
• An environment where our people are encouraged to develop their talents and potential
• A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences
• Flexible work arrangements (including working from home) and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance
• A range of initiatives to support your health and wellbeing
• 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees)
• Social events, sports teams and employee networks to help you connect and have fun!
Mō mātou | About Us
Here at Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we... partner with others to navigate the big challenges and opportunities for Aotearoa New Zealand - from responding to the climate emergency, to investing in Māori and Pacific wellbeing, employment and education, to developing cost of living packages to support Kiwis, we consider outcomes beyond just financial measurement. We're committed to Tiakitanga (caring and protection) to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders which means we ask questions to help understand the impacts that policies and decisions may have on intergenerational wellbeing for different communities.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
We have three work streams open in our January 2024 graduate analyst intake - These are called Macroeconomic, Capital and Commercial, and Policy, Performance and Advisory. Streams help us define the type of work you'll do and allow us to provide the right learning and development opportunities for you within our 18-month graduate development programme (kaupapa whakawhanake tāngata whiwhi tohu). After completing the programme, you can move between teams and streams.
The work our graduates (ngā Kaiwhiwhi Tohu) do is varied and extensive. You will work on significant pieces of advice across large and influential portfolios. You'll start your career in the heart of public sector decision-making.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
We are seeking people who
• Have Majors in economics, finance, accounting, or law, we are also interested in people with other degrees such as Engineering, Science and Arts.
• Can adapt to an ever-changing work, political and economic environment
• Build trusted and collaborative relationships
• Communicate well with a wide range of audiences
• Are analytical thinkers
• Value diversity and inclusive practices
• Have personal integrity and an honest and ethical approach
We are committed to employing people who represent the New Zealand community we serve, so we look for graduates from a wide range of academic, cultural, and social backgrounds.
As part of the application process, we will ask for a copy of your academic transcript and grade average. We know that grades alone don't define people. We are looking for curious, motivated people with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences who want to work with others and contribute to the important mahi our teams do.
To be eligible to apply for our graduate analyst vacancies please note the three criteria below
• You are entitled to work in NZ through
• New Zealand Citizenship, Residency or Permanent Residency, or
• You are entitled to a three-year Post-study Open Work Visa (for degree Level 7 or above qualifications) and currently living in New Zealand
• You are available to start in the Graduate programme in January 2024
To read more about the type of work you'll do and the criteria we are looking for please click here.
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please see the Job Description for further detail or for more information and a kōrero please contact our graduate recruitment team at [email protected]
Rā kati | Applications close 22nd March 2023 at 11 59PM. All applications must be made online
Wellington New Zealand
Jobs in Wellington New Zealand
Graduate Analyst - Graduate Programme 2024 Wellington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.