Spartanburg Italy Italy
2 months ago
POSITION: Special Education Teacher
LOCATION: Wellford Academy
• SC Certification as Generic Special Education (02) or Multicategorical (2I) or LD (2G)
• Experience with co-teaching preferred
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
Under the direction of the Building Principal and Director of Special Education, the Certified Special Education Teacher develops and provides specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities; Evaluates and assesses student progress against instructional objectives; follows State mandated due process procedures and functions as IEP Manager to assigned students.
• Provides research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives contained within each student’s IEP.
• Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques.
• Employs various teaching techniques, methods... and principles of learning to enable students to meet their IEP goals.
• Develops and implements annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for students to include: present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals.
• Schedules team meetings and works cooperatively with child study team members and others in developing instructional goals and strategies.
• Coordinates the delivery of special education services in each student's IEP.
• Creates a positive learning experience with emphasis in individualized instruction using appropriate sources.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues.
• Serves as primary contact for the parent.
• Conducts special education evaluations and reevaluations.
• Provides direction, supervision and evaluation of educational assistants as directed.
• Complies with School Board policies and all state/federal rules and regulations.
• Completes all district and state reporting requirements.
Conducts duties in a classroom environment with no significant exposure to environmental conditions. Requires ability to work under a degree of stress related to duties that require constant attention and working with students. Physical demands are restricted to classroom work requiring lifting/moving of items up to 25 pounds. Occasional local travel is required; no overnight travel is required. Job requires the operation of standard office equipment.
This job description is not intended as a complete listing of job duties. The incumbent is responsible for the performance of other related duties as assigned/required.
Salary: Teacher Salary Schedule (190 days)
We strongly recommend that you sign-up for job alerts and check back frequently for new job postings on the Job Listings page. When the appropriate teaching vacancy does arise, you can log-on to your account and quickly transfer your application to be considered for that position.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Discrimination of all persons is prohibited with regard to employment and any other program or activity on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, immigrant status, English speaking status, or disabling condition in District Five Schools of Spartanburg County as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended. Title IX Coordinator, Todd Hardy, Chief Administrative Officer ([email protected]
Special Education Teacher, 2023-2024 Italy jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.