Boundary Zone Inc
Boundary Zone Inc Suwanee GA Georgia
2 months ago
Boundary Zone, Inc. is recruiting for a CAD Drafter in the Suwanee, GA area. Please read the following job description carefully before applying. Only candidates with interest in/experience with Land Surveying, Land Planning and Civil Engineering, Carlson, AutoCAD Civil 3D, will be considered.
The primary responsibility of the CAD Drafter is to support the Land Surveying department with plot... plat drafting, grading plan design, construction calculations, civil engineering design and all drafting related to commercial, residential, and land development projects. Typical assignments will entail creation of retracement surveys, plot plans, grading plans, final plats, completion of civil engineering design and drafting related tasks associated with all facets of land surveying and engineering related projects. The ideal candidate shall have proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, or Carlson Civil suite, Modeling Software for various types of Engineering, Surveying, and Land Planning projects.
• In coordination with surveyor, engineers and other designers/technicians, produce drawings and plan sets using AutoCAD Civil 3Dand/or Carlson Civil Suite.
• Prepare conceptual plans, plats, permit sets, bid documents, drawings, addenda, and other work products as required by the project scope.
• Provides coordination between various sheets and disciplines of a plan set, neat and legible drafting, line weight control, and possesses a working knowledge of current National CAD and Surveying Standards along with local code requirements.
• Helps identify and develop sound solutions for the design of commercial, residential, and land development project. Such tasks could include preparing plan and profiles for roads and utilities, grading and drainage plans, cut and fill calculations, calculating flow lines of wastewater and storm sewer gravity systems, etc.
• Produce various drawings specific to the project. Examples include: soil erosion plans, site layout, grading, storm sewer, water, sanitary sewer plans, construction layout, and construction staking.
• Provides design review and quality control reviews of design and drafting components as required.
• Keep project managers advised of work status, workload issues, issue resolution, and progress related to the work assignment.
• Maintains project records and performs all other assigned duties.
• Collaborate with other team members as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 4 year work experience in production drafting of land surveying projects
• Education maybe used in lieu of work experience
• Working Knowledge of CAD drafting skills and terminology
• Willingness to learn
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineer, Land Planning, Land Surveying or related field
• Minimum of 8 years progressive work experience in production drafting of land surveying projects
Knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics:
• Motivated self-starter, and team oriented progressive qualities required.
• Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely with written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work with others effectively on commercial, residential, and land development projects.
• Proficiency in Carlson Drafting. Knowledge of additional CAD software, Civil 3D or Revit is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Capacity to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
• Preparing and presenting information in a clear and concise manner.
What we offer:
• **Competitive Salary based on Experience***
• Employer Paid Health Insurance for employee
• Dental & Vision Insurance
• Employer Paid Group Life
• Voluntary Life (transferable)
• Long term disability
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• IRA Plan
• Performance reviews
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training for advancement
Job Type: Full-time'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Bachelor's (Preferred)
• Land surveying: 4 years (Preferred)
• Civil engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
• Landscape architecture: 4 years (Preferred)
• AutoCAD: 4 years (Preferred)
• Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Suwanee GA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.