Blizzard Entertainment Tokyo Japan
2 months ago
Communications Manager, Japan
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As Communications Manager, Japan, you will support Senior Communications Manager in developing world class PR and ambassador programs to drive player acquisition and engagement.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative but self-motivated leader with a proven track record delivering executions that drive a commercial result and tie to... overarching Country strategic plans. You must thrive on high pressure deadlines and be able to consistently achieve results on time and within budget. Industry experience is highly desirable, as is an intricate knowledge of video games media and social channel platforms across Japan.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop and execute communications plans around Activision Blizzard franchises such as Call of Duty, Overwatch and Diablo for Japan.
• Create or/and localize PR materials that taps in the cultural zeitgeist of players in the Japan market.
• Manage agency partners to build executions appended to the communications strategy set.
• Engage and foster relationships with regional and global communications counterparts and influence positive outcomes for the region.
• Strategic PR crisis management.
• Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with Senior Communications Manager.
• Assists in the planning, coordination and execution of internal employee events as needed and appropriate.
• Assists in writing and editing impactful and engaging content that effectively describes and promotes Diversity & Inclusion, Recruitment, Human Resources and other programs and initiatives in support of company goals and culture.
• Provide communication guidelines to relevant departments in terms of major company announcements and projects.
• Plan and execute domestic and overseas press tours and on/offline media events.
• Plan and execute various types of PR activities and media tie-up promotions for major announcements and game launches.
• Media interview arrangement with spokespeople.
• Support tours, event executions, livestreams, trade show activations, partner promotions and competitions as well as other opportunities to share our games.
• Work on deadlines, balance multiple projects and manage toward results.
• Drive analytics and reporting on PR data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation for effective communications.
• Track program budgets, invoicing and reporting.
• Other responsibilities, as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years' of communications experience across video games, communications agencies, technology, or entertainment.
• In-depth knowledge of the Japanese video games market from console to mobile, PC.
• Previous experience in online/viral/digital marketing or content related business desired.
• Experience in managing a large set of internal stakeholders, agency partners, media, and ambassadors.
Knowledge & Skills
• Equally left- and right-brained with analytical skills to evaluate program effectiveness, and strong creative judgment to recognize what’s on-trend/on-brand.
• Strong written and oral communications skills in both Japanese and English.
• Vast working knowledge of specialist media and social platforms and social media trends across Japan game/entertainment community desirable.
• Excellent team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships; keen ability to navigate among multiple constituents, platforms, and communities to ensure strategies/goals are understood and met.
• Good analytical and reporting skills and detail-oriented.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented problem-solver who thinks fast and finds solutions when others may see a dead end.
• Innovative, strategic thinker who is motivated to execute exceptionally and work independently within a fast-paced environment.
• Always curious to stay on top of industry trends and develop skills and competencies.
• Passion for gaming, lifestyle, and entertainment industry as well as for data and consumer insight driven decision making.
• Self-motivated and ability to develop new initiatives as well as managing multiple tasks with little supervision.
• Personable with an ability to build and foster strong relationships (media, influencers etc.)
• Willingness to work flexible working hours.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be included as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organisation. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE’s "World’s Best Employers," “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World’s Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Communications Manager, Japan Tokyo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.