International Labour Organization
International Labour Organization Türkiye Turkey
2 months ago
The position will be funded under the Development Cooperation project “Workplace Compliance through Labour Inspection Guidance and Social Dialogue (WPC)”. The project is funded by the EU and linked to CPO TUR 158 (Outcome 1 -Strong Tripartite Constituents and Influential and Inclusive Social Dialogue and Outcome 7- Adequate and Effective Protection for All).
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the creation of a more decent work environment for all women and men in Türkiye. For reaching this intended aim, the project proposes to i) improve the institutional capacity of Directorate of Guidance and Inspection (DoGI) of the Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MoLSS) and the social partners to increase workplace compliance and b) improve the workplace compliance through strengthening guidance services and awareness raising on decent work.
Directorate of Guidance and Inspection and social partners are among the target groups of the project.
The ILO will be... operationally and technically responsible for the referred project which will be implemented and managed by the ILO. Directorate of Guidance and Inspection is the Beneficiary of the project.
The Senior Project Coordinator will be the main responsible person for the smooth and effective implementation of the project according to ILO rules, donor requirements and in line with project cycle management principles, and undertake the duties and responsibilities detailed under Section 3.
The Senior Project Coordinator will report to the Director of the ILO Office for Türkiye.
Description of Duties:
• Ensure smooth and effective implementation of the “Workplace Compliance through Labour Inspection Guidance and Social Dialogue (WPC)” project
• Ensure timely provision of inputs, effective backstopping, timely and efficient delivery of outputs, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of the project activities in conformity with ILO policies and programme strategies, as well as donor requirements.
• Manage and oversee progress of the project and activities by reviewing, preparing, verifying and analysing work-plans, progress reports, and other data.
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of project technical and financial reports as outlined in the donor agreement.
• Guide and oversee the work of the staff under the project and ensure effective coordination and collaboration between the various project components, as well as other projects in the same area.
• Supervise the Project Management Team (PMT) and ensure coordination among the members of the PMT as well as with the DC projects of ILO-Ankara, the target groups and the other project stakeholders and project target groups.
• Oversee the organisation of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings.
• Serve as a focal point for selected technical subjects and attend meetings, workshops and inter-agency meetings, and present reports and papers.
• Contribute to the selection and monitoring of national and international consultants; provide them with necessary background documentation and ensure availability of clear guidelines and terms of references for the expected work to be done.
• Identify national and international specialists and institutions to ensure that capacity building and technical guidance is provided as required to the direct and ultimate beneficiaries.
• Review relevant documents/information on workplace compliance and labour inspection that are produced by the Government, research institutions, universities, other UN agencies, and other development partners; and make use of them for improving the labour inspection and administration in Türkiye.
• Manage regular monitoring of the expenditure, budget realisations and delivery rates; and suggest necessary revisions and reallocations in a timely manner.
• Liaise with relevant technical departments at HQ including LABADMINOSH, FUNDAMENTALS and PROCUREMENT and ensure their involvement and technical support to the project activities.
• Undertake regular missions to project sites independently or accompanying others and conduct regular meetings with stakeholders and beneficiaries, as deemed necessary.
• Provide strategic advice to the beneficiary, the project target groups, the ILO, the team members as well as other project stakeholders or relevant institutions on the project progress, issues, and necessary actions to be taken for the timely delivery of the expected project outputs.
• Brief ILO specialists, project experts, associate experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on project matters.
• Ensure that gender equality is mainstreamed into all project activities.
• Be responsible for the coordination of the communication activities.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director of ILO Office for Türkiye.
• First level of university degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) in a Social Sciences, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or relevant fields
• Minimum of three years of professional work experience in programme and/or project planning, monitoring, implementation and evaluation activities.
• Knowledge of international labour standards (ILO Conventions) on labour inspection
• Knowledge of Türkiye’s labour inspection system is an asset
• Experience in working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, in particular strategic management/programming modules is an asset.
• Knowledge of ILO and EU procedures on project implementation would be an asset.
• Experience in working with government institutions and social partners will be an asset.
• Excellent command of English and Turkish both oral and written.
Project Coordinator Türkiye jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.