Veolia Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
2 months ago
Description de l'entreprise
Veolia Group aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Present on five continents with nearly 220,000 employees, the Group designs and deploys useful, practical solutions for the management of water, waste and energy that are contributing to a radical turnaround of the current situation. Through its three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021.
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses. With more than 3,000... employees in the Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices (in the UAE, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Jordan), Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes. https://www.veolia.com/middleeast
Veolia Near & Middle East is looking for a process engineer to work on the Magma Project.
The Magma site is an integrated industrial hazardous waste treatment complex (combined capacity 66,500 tons per year, 200 FTE) in Ruwais (230 km from Abu Dhabi), in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. The complex is operational and consists of two main facilities: the Hazardous Waste Treatment Facility at BeAAT (60,000 tons per year; with thermal desorption unit, deoiling tricanter, stabilization unit, Class I and II landfills, physico-chemical treatment units, mercury treatment unit, and incineration lines) and the Natural Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) Treatment Facility (new decontamination facility, 6,500 tons per year; with systems for high pressure water descaling, incineration and encapsulation of ashes).
In 2022, Veolia Near & Middle East was awarded the 30-year O&M contract to Operate & Maintain both these industrial hazardous waste treatment facilities, i.e. the 'HWTF at BeAAT', and the 'NORM Handling Plant'. With new hires along with existing BeAAT employees joining/being transferred into the new O&M contract, a final team of approx. 200 staff will take operational handover in early 2023.
Description du poste
The VIE Process Engineer Magma is responsible for effective process-engineering in the integrated waste-treatment facility. As a member of the Magma O&M team, they execute day-to-day process-engineering actions and provide related technical & operational support. This position reports to the Operations Director and works in close collaboration with O&M teams and subcontractors. The role will be based full-time at the project site office in Ruwais, Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. (230 km from Abu Dhabi)
The project is an integrated industrial hazardous waste treatment complex (capacity 66,500 tons per year, 200 FTE) in Ruwais, in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. The complex is already operational and consists of two main facilities: the Hazardous Waste Treatment Facility at BeAAT (capacity 60,000 tons per year and includes thermal desorption unit, deoiling tricanter, stabilisation unit, Class I and II landfills, PCT, mercury treatment unit, and incineration lines) and the Natural Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) Treatment Facility (new decontamination facility, capacity 6,500 tons per year and includes systems for high pressure water descaling, incineration and encapsulation of ashes).
He/ she will be responsible for :
• Support all Process-engineering activities and needs of Operations and Maintenance
• Monitor and optimize daily Process performance
• Participate in troubleshooting, conduct investigations and root-cause analysis relating to Process issues
• Participate in Process/project risk reviews, analysis, solutions and reporting
• Update all technical documentation relating to Process operations & maintenance
• Contribute to the definition, implementation and monitoring of Key Operating Parameters (KOPs)
• Contribute to the definition, implementation and monitoring of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Participate in Engineering reviews (Process Review, Design Review, Hazop and so on)
• Align all schematics (PID/PFD) to Process definitions/design established for the project
• Perform/contribute to the sizing of process equipment and related thermal equipment
• Support the preparation of engineering documents such as datasheets, specifications and so on
• Monitor, track and report on the progress of process-engineering activities of Magma
• Contribute to Lessons-Learned registers, REX and experience-sharing within the organization
• Review, update and contribute to the Process related sections of the QMS for Magma
• Work closely and collaboratively with the Operations teams and Support teams
• Support relevant procurement processes and RFQs; supervise subcontractors.
• Prepare technical and operational reports relating to their areas of responsibility
• Ensure contractual, ethical and statutory compliance in their activities
• Foster collaborative long-term working relationships with the facilities' management and staff.
• Improve and track HSE performance and overall performance in their scope relating to O&M KPIs.
• Apply all relevant HSE measures in line with regulations and Veolia policy
• Ensure the safety of staff working under her/his supervision
• Comply with cybersecurity rules and Safe AnyTime AnyWhere AnyDevice (SATAWAD) cybersecurity policy.
• Strict compliance with Security policies and protocols when traveling to countries flagged at higher risk levels
• Comply with Veolia Group's policies such as the Ethics guide, Code of conduct, Commitment to HSE, Charter to Sustainability and all Group Norms
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical/Process Engineering or closely-related engineering discipline
• 1+ years of related work experience in hazardous waste or similar industrial facility with chemical risks
• Advanced AutoCAD skills, and reading of engineering plans, drawing & specifications
• Strong organizational and project-management skills, excellent time-management skills
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Meticulous, analytical, highly detail-oriented; conscientious and ethical in both process and delivery
• Able to simplify and explain complex concepts, and to visually present them in engaging and effective ways
• Work positively in multinational teams; high cultural sensitivity and respect for diversity
• High level of integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour
• Ability to convince different stakeholders to drive change
• Ability to achieve results through influence without authority; good communicator and team player
• Willing and able to be based full-time in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi
Toutes vos informations demeureront confidentielles en vertu des directives sur l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Jobs in Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
VIE/PANGEO - Process Engineer Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.