Pearson Spain Spain
2 months ago
The English Language Learning (ELL) division of Pearson is looking for a talented and motivated professional to join our growing organization as a Senior Front-end Software Engineer. In this exciting role you will be responsible for analysis, design, implementation, and automated testing as a key member of a high-performing, experienced team. You will use industry best practices while producing high-quality solutions in an agile environment. You will understand that needs of our users and anticipate, innovate, and ideate with our product teams. You will be essential in ensuring the team's success; working closely as a mentor, reviewing their work, and supporting them to produce their best work across a diverse set of areas, including assessment delivery, scoring technology and services, infrastructure, identity management and e-commerce. You will also be responsible for maintaining and supporting mission-critical applications, as necessary.
This position is... on a team that develops and maintains client and candidate-facing web and mobile assessment delivery and automated scoring solutions that are designed to serve a global user base. We deliver and score millions of language assessments annually across a wide range of industries. We also offer API products that integrate and support several client applications and platforms to support our customers’ diverse workflows. There is a continuous stream of complex and challenging work with direct impact on the customer´s experience.
We are looking for passionate and driven technologists who flourish in a highly collaborative environment where they can think creatively, challenge the status quo, and innovate both products and processes. You will be surrounded by like-minded people in a highly collaborative team environment.
The Senior Software Developer will:
• Develop new user-facing features using React.js
• Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
• Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
• Support and deploy large-scale web applications
• Focus on quality, and operate iteratively to get from good to better
• Work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-moving team
• Be effective in a team environment working with fellow engineers, product management, and design
• Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
• Experience interfacing with RESTful and GraphQL APIs
• Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
• Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
• Familiarity with AWS Services (e.g., RDS, Lambda, EC2, et cetera)
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience working and developing commercial SaaS applications
Benefits of working at Pearson:
• Development and training: a wide access to internal learning platforms
• Access to Pearson+: Pearson´s digital library
• Discounts on books
• Flexible work schedule and more...
Organization: English Language Learning
Req ID: 9497
Senior Software Engineer Spain jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.