Ornua Ballinwillin Mitchelstown Ireland
2 months ago
JOB TITLE: Team Leader
LOCATION: Mitchelstown, Co. Cork, Ireland
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
COMPANY PROFILE / JOB SUMMARY:
Ornua is a dairy co-operative which sells dairy products on behalf of its Members, Ireland’s dairy processors and, in turn, Irish dairy farmers. It is Ireland’s largest exporter of Irish dairy products, exporting to 110 countries worldwide. Headquartered in Dublin, it has annualised sales of over €2.3 billion and a global team of 2,850 employees. Ornua operates from 10 business units worldwide, including 16 production facilities, and has sales and marketing teams working in-market across all four corners of the globe.
The Group is structured across two divisions: Ornua Foods and Ornua Ingredients.
Ornua Foods is responsible for the marketing and sales of Ornua’s consumer brands including Kerrygold, Dubliner, Pilgrims Choice, Kerrygold, Avantage, Forto, and BEO. Markets are served by production facilities and in-market sales and marketing teams in Africa... Asia, Germany, Ireland, the UK, the rest of Europe, the Middle East, and the US.
Ornua Ingredients is responsible for the procurement of Irish and non-Irish dairy products and for the sale of dairy ingredients to food manufacturing and foodservice customers across the world. Ornua Ingredients is also responsible for managing volatility through de-risking and trading strategies. The business is supported by production facilities in Saudi Arabia, Spain, the UK, the US and by in-market teams in Africa and the Middle East.
At Ornua, our Values guide us as we work together and care for each other to achieve great things. Our five values, and their underlying behaviours, encourage us to Seek and Embrace New Ideas, Make It Happen, Be Our True Selves, Show You Care and Achieve Great Things Together.
Kerrygold Park is Ornua’s new state of the art manufacturing facility and centre of excellence for the Kerrygold Brand.
The Role will have responsibility for leading a production shift within Kerrygold Park to meet and exceed site KPIs. The Team Leader will develop his/her team so that the plant can meet the strategic imperatives going forward
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Accountability for Safety, Quality, Service, Competitiveness and People in the shift and meeting associated KPIs
• Ensure full compliance with technical and food hygiene standards to ensure product meets all appropriate quality and safety standards
• Work closely with Quality and Maintenance to ensure site KPIs are met
• Ensure all MOs are closed off correctly
• Ensure training matrix is in place and being actioned
• Investigate complaints specific to the shift, ensures complaint documentation is completed within the agreed timeframe
• Facilitate Continuous Improvement projects for the shift
• Support the reduction of both hidden and physical waste within the shift
• Drive the Site Health and Safety Strategy and KPIs
• Liaise with the planner ref. adherence to schedule
• Lead and monitor team huddles to ensuring that actions are closed off in a timely fashion
• Drive GMP across the production floor and close off actions as required.
• Complete Core sign off weekly to ensure timely sign off for payroll
• Ensure holiday tracker is updated at all times
• Ensure Red Zone is updated at all times
Key Requirements & Competencies
• Proven manufacturing experience and leadership experience
• Proven experience in leading and facilitating Continuous Improvement
• Proven experience in training and developing teams
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills
• Flexible and committed attitude with the ability to display initiative
• Flexibility in covering different shifts and weekends
• IT literate with strong Word, Excel and database skills
• Problem solver, disciplined in collecting information, ascertaining root cause of issues and Identifying and developing practical solutions
• WORKING TOGETHER: Encourages co-operation in own team and supports cross functional learning
• COMMUNICATIVE: Communicates confidently, adapting style for different situations
• OWNERSHIP: Clarifies accountabilities, overlaps and gaps, and helps others remain motivated through difficult times.
• FORWARD LOOKING: Helps others to accept change, implement change, and looks ahead to anticipate change
Ballinwillin Mitchelstown County Cork
Jobs in Ballinwillin Mitchelstown Ireland
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.