First Nations University of Canada
First Nations University of Canada Regina Canada
2 months ago
Student Library Worker
Prince Albert – 1 Casual Position
The First Nations University of Canada Library is accepting applications for the position of Student Library Worker for the Prince Albert Campus Library. Under the direction of the Librarian and Library Technicians, you will be responsible for the General Day-to-Day Library Duties.
First Nations University of Canada provides an opportunity for students of all nations to learn in an environment of First Nations cultures and values. The University continues to uphold its mission of enhancing the quality of life, and to preserve, protect and interpret the history, language, culture, and artistic heritage of First Nations people. The University is a unique place of learning specializing in Indigenous knowledge and providing post-secondary education for Indigenous and non-Indigenous students alike within a culturally supportive environment. First Nations University of Canada is a federated college of the University... of Regina, and its academic programs are accredited through that institution. Wisdom, respect, humility, sharing, harmony, beauty, strength, and spirituality are the values of the First Nations University of Canada (FNUniv).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Shelving returned materials;
• Answering basic reference and directional questions;
• The circulation of material and placing holds;
• The use of the Alma and Primo library catalogue website;
• Assisting patrons with photocopying and printing;
• Phoning patrons who have materials on hold;
• Processing withdrawn books;
• Tidying the library before the end of each shift; and
• Other related duties as assigned.
Must be a First Nations University of Canada student.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be reliable and on time.
• Must work well with the public.
• Must show initiative.
• Must be able to work independent while still part of a team.
• Must have good keyboarding and internet skills
• Should have an understanding of Library of Congress call numbers.
Hours of work: Casual basis as needed, and within Library hours set at the Campus for the Term. However, this will mostly be evening hours and potentially weekend hours. If available, please indicate your available days of work in your cover letter.
Salary: Rate of pay is based on completed credit hours ($14.14 – $19.34 currently).
Posting will remain open until it is filled. Please apply online at First Nations University of Canada relies on section 48 of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment for this position. Please indicate your status in your cover letter or resume.
Questions regarding this opportunity can be directed to HR by email at We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Student Library Worker Regina jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.