Elliott Employment Group Inc
Elliott Employment Group Inc Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
2 months ago
An Floater Teacher is responsible for supporting in every aspect of managing and supervising a class of children being diverse in all subject areas. This includes creating an environment of learning that promotes the social, physical and intellectual growth of children, regardless of their age, background, or abilities.
He or she must be knowledgeable in developmentally appropriate practices and will assist teachers in maintaining safety and order among all children in their room at any given time, thus ensuring activities and the curriculum are adhered to as required by the Director. The Floater Teacher must also be polite and responsive to the families of the students and be able to collaborate with other Assistant and Lead Teachers, as required, in order to foster the overall goals of RBJ Christian School.
JOB DUTIES, TASKS, AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follows daily schedule and implements curriculum which includes communicating and interpreting both verbally and... in writing in the English language.
• Maintains accurate child observation records and anecdotal notes for use during parent/teacher conferences.
• Conducts formal and informal assessments periodically to ensure children are on track developmentally
• Interacts with the children and models socially appropriate behavior in the classroom and on the playground. This may require frequent standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, and lifting to engage with the children
• Communicates effectively and efficiently with families in a polite and respectful manner.
• Follows all safety and security policies and procedures and documents any accidents/incidents accordingly
• Follows mandated reporting guidelines as established by the state of Florida
• Supervises all children, regardless of home classroom, maintaining a secure and safe environment for children to play and learn
• Maintains a safe and healthy environment adhering to all company procedures related to injuries and accidents and communicate any potential hazards to the Director
• Prepares a safe, warm environment that is always orderly and clean
• Promotes only positive interactions among teachers and children, treating everyone with respect and dignity by recognizing and considering the unique background of each person, including children with disabilities, special talents, interest, style or pace of learning, etc.
• As needed opens and closes the assigned classroom in the morning and evening
• Cleans the classroom by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning the restroom, sanitizing toys and surfaces, and disposing of trash
• Helps with meal and snack preparation, feeding children, and modeling table manners by sitting with the children at family style meals.
• Participates in accreditation goals and performs the associated classroom requirements to meet those goals, if applicable.
• Maybe required to take additional training classes or courses as required by RBJ Christian School or any state or regulatory agency
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 18 years old
• Must meet state licensing requirements for education including maintaining in-service hours as required by state licensing agencies or accrediting bodies
• Must meet all standards and requirements relating to education and experience as set by the state and accreditation agent
• Must possess a Bachelors degree
• Prefer CPR and First Aid certification
• Must be able to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in the English language
Jobs in Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
Floater Teacher Puerto Rico jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.