UNOPS Bamako Mali
1 week ago
Application period 02-Mar-2023 to 22-Mar-2023
Summary of Key Functions:
Under the direct supervision of HR Officer and the overall direction of the Head of Support Services, the HR Senior Associate is responsible for administering and implementing services, plans, and processes covering the array of Human Resources Management service lines for optimal employee and talent management, i.e. recruitment, learning, performance management, transition, organizational development, and contract management, S/he serves as the first contact for internal and external clients in resolving questions on processes and procedures and provision of guidance and information related to HR initiatives and services to a wide range of UNOPS clients.
Functions / Key Results Expected:
• Support to policy development and implementation
• Advisory Services
• Talent Acquisition and Administration
• Team Management
• Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
Support to policy... development and implementation
• Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by assisting to maintain data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
• Provide substantive HR expertise to assist in projects in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
• Assist to generate strategic and operational workforce data for planning, including related statistical summaries and movements of UNOPS Office/Projects Centre personnel.
• Support the communication on HR policy changes and new HR initiatives to management and personnel, providing guidance as needed.
• Provide guidance on HR related systems and processes including but not limited to Recruitment, Contracts, Position Management, Performance Management, Benefits and Entitlements consistent with UNOPS rules and procedures.
• Provide advice and guidance to personnel on administrative procedures, processes and practices.
• Act as liaison between unit and internal and external clients and provide proactive customer service to expedite completion of projects, and provide information
• As the first face of HR, ensure that new hires 'first impressions are positive' and that they have all in-processing information completed.
• Advise hiring management on: recruitment processes, UNOPS performance management cycle, development initiatives, and learning plans.
• Advise hiring management and guide personnel on UNOPS recruitment and performance management processes, and learning and development initiatives, resources, and plans.
• Provide advice to supervisors on good practices, policies and procedures in performance management, including managing of underperformance.
• Support the implementation of institutional gender and diversity initiatives, providing education and advice on issues related to equity, compliance, inclusion, and diversity.
Talent Acquisition and Administration
• Provide client advice and submit transactional HR service data (normally within the ERP system) including but not limited to: Recruitment and Selection: such as requisition initiation, longlisting, statutory body approvals, selection reports, offers and rejections. Transactions: Position actions (coordinate position classification and reclassification actions); Contracts (initial, extensions, separations, status change actions);
• Calculation of fees for ICA personnel
• Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, consultants, partners and project personnel on their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
• Manage recruitment processes ensuring best practices are used for effective and efficient talent acquisition in line with UNOPS policy. Utilize and maintain recruitment plans, tools and policy guidance to efficiently and effectively recruit and retain a diverse workforce to meet the needs of the business objectives. Maintain personnel rosters.
• Liaise with UNOPS’ HR related groups such as SSC on personnel administration matters.
• Research precedents and present recommendations to supervisor, taking into account institutionalized exceptions.
• Establish and maintain monitoring systems, advising the supervisor on the status of pending requests and approaching deadlines. Follow up on team work processes to ensure clearance, approvals and timely workflows
• Monitor status of HR actions to facilitate timely action by supervisor/ line management and personnel.
• Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
• Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
• Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR-related topics.
• Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
• Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
• Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and contribute data as well as draft notes/reports.
• Liaise with relevant HQ and UN system units to exchange information and follow up on pending issues.
"Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply"
• Completion of Secondary School with 7 years of relevant experience is required, OR;
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration with 3 years of relevant experience is required
• Relevant experience is defined as experience in an international and/or national organization in providing HR advisory, recruitment, and/or HR-generalist, support services.
• Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling web-based management systems is required.
• Experience in use of HR information and/or Enterprise systems is desirable
• Fluent in English (read, write and speak) is required
• Fluent in French (read, write and speak) is required
Think big. Meet challenges head-on. Help people build better lives.
UNOPS embraces diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunities. Our workforce is made up of people from varied nationalities, cultures and races. They speak a range of languages and have different gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities.
We encourage women and candidates from underrepresented groups in UNOPS to apply. These include candidates from racialized and/or indigenous groups, members of minority gender identities and sexual orientations, and people with disabilities. Click apply and join us!
Remarks: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
Human Resources Senior Associate Bamako jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.