United Nations Office for Project Services
United Nations Office for Project Services Mali Mali
1 week ago
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) is a principal service provider in the field of mine action with the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), UNDP, UNICEF, Governments of mine-affected countries and other mine action partners. It is led by the Director, who has overall authority and accountability for the performance PSC on behalf of its clients. The Director is responsible for administering and providing oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with UNOPS rules and regulations.
Mali is facing a problem of weapons and explosive hazard contamination because of protracted and recent armed conflicts. The presence of explosive remnants of war (ERW), improvised explosive devices (IED) and insecure stockpiles of weapons and ammunition (obsolete, abandoned or neglected), poses a serious threat to civilians as well as to United Nations and humanitarian personnel operating... in the country.
UNMAS deployed to Mali in January 2013 to conduct an emergency assessment of the situation with regard to explosive threats. In July 2013, the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) was established under Security Council resolution 2100 and is currently operating under Security Council Resolution 2640 (2022). In accordance with these mandates, the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) has engaged UNOPS PSC to implement a mine action programme in Mali to:
Improve the protection of civilians and facilitate humanitarian assistance;
Enhance national capacity to mitigate explosive threats and enable compliance with international treaty obligations;
Reduce the explosive threat to MINUSMA and United Nations personnel.
Summary of Key Functions:
• Under the direct supervision of HR Officer and the ove...
• Completion of Secondary School with 7 years of relevant experience is required, OR;
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration with 3 years of relevant experience is required
• Relevant experience is defined as experience in an international and/or national organization in providing HR advisory, recruitment, and/or HR-generalist, support services.
• Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling web-based management systems is required.
• Experience in use of HR information and/or Enterprise systems is desirable
• Fluent in English (read, write and speak) is required
• Fluent in French (read, write and speak) is required
Human Resources Senior Associate Mali jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.