United Nations Children's Fund
United Nations Children's Fund Mali Mali
1 week ago
For every child, Hope
UNICEF Mali Country Programme (2020-2024) is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) 2020–2024, the United Nations integrated strategy for the Sahel, the UNICEF Strategic Plan, 2018–2021 and the UNICEF Gender Action Plan, 2018–2021. The vision of the Mali country programme of cooperation is that children and adolescents, both girls and boys, especially the most disadvantaged, deprived and hard-to-reach and those affected by crises, live and participate in resilient communities, enjoying a protective, nurturing and supportive environment that allows them to unlock their full potential throughout their lives. towards the Sustainable Development Goals. The emphasis is on increased demand for and delivery of integrated and inclusive services through a focus on three key windows of opportunity, supported by two cross-cutting programme components: (a) The early years (0–5 years), focusing on health, nutrition, birth... registration, water and sanitation, protection and early learning for school readiness; (b) The formative years (6–12 years), facilitating successful transitions, with an emphasis on safe and inclusive quality education and the prevention of violence and exploitation; (c) The second decade (13–18 years), focusing on adolescent empowerment, skills development, well-being, the promotion of child-friendly behaviours and the prevention of violence and exploitation; (d) An enabling environment for community resilience through active participation in social service management, monitoring and social protection; (e) Programme effectiveness.
Purpose for the job: Under the supervision of the Deputy Representative Operations - P5, the HR Manager is responsible for leading the HR Function in the Mali Country Office, entailing six (6) offices: the main office (Bamako) and five (5) field offices (Gao, Mopti, Tombouctou, Sikasso and Kayes). The incumbent is accountable for implementing HR services that enhance the capacity of staff to deliver on business goals and objectives under an exciting life cycle approach to programming, in which it is expected that HR management is effective and transparent; staff competencies are continuously improving; duty of care and core values are well established.
He / She is also responsible for regularly supporting senior management in policy direction and design; develop original and innovative means in all aspects of HR management and tackle highly complex HR matters. The incumbent is also responsible for planning, organizing and supervising a team of five (5) HR staff.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Management of the HR Unit
• Support in establishing the annual work plan, setting priorities/targets and performance measurements.
• Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
• Establish clear individual performance objectives, goals and timelines; and provide timely guidance to enable the team to perform their duties responsibly and efficiently
Technical HR Leadership
• Provide technical leadership in one or more HR specialty areas with responsibility for reviewing the work of other Professional and General Service staff for compliance with principles and concepts, policies, regulations and rules as well as for soundness of judgement and conclusions.
• Develop, implement and monitor the interpretation and application of new human resources policies, practices and procedures in area of specialization to meet the evolving needs of the organization including formulating the position of the organization on policies in area of HR specialization and determining the appropriate application of rules and regulations to highly sensitive or contentious individual cases having implications for other HR systems and UNICEF as a whole.
• Serve as the single point of contact for his/her client portfolio on advice pertaining to all aspects of the employment life cycle
• Work with clients to help fulfill their goals through advising on how to attract, retain and motivate staff of the highest caliber.
• Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
• Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
• Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
Strategic Human Resources
• Liaise with the HQ Divisions, regional and country offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation. Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
• Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
• Responsible for strategic human resources forecasting for his/her clients including identifying future human resource requirements in terms of numbers, types and levels of staff, and identifying emerging trends in profile requirements.
• Helps design optimal organizational, staffing structures and levels, and, in consultation with senior management develops standards and benchmarks staffing norms.
Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services
• Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
Learning and Capacity Development
• In collaboration with business owners, design and deliver learning plans for staff to enhance their knowledge and build skills in new areas. Contributes to the mapping of competencies for all staff in assigned client portfolio, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
• Recommend efficient and cost-effective learning products which strengthen staff capacity to contribute effectively to business goals; Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
HR Data Analytics
• Interpret and analyze HR data to help inform strategic decision making on HR processes and strategies.
• Develop data collection systems to optimize data quality.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An Advanced University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field is required.
• Eight years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required. UNICEF / UN experience is highly desirable
• Field experience /familiarity with Emergency is required
• Proven experience in leading and supervising a team
• Fluency in French and English required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language of the duty station is an asset
Human Resources Manager Mali jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.