Food and Agriculture Organization
Food and Agriculture Organization Budapest Hungary
4 days ago
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensure the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improve the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
The post is located in the On-boarding and Separation Group of the SSC in Budapest, Hungary.
The Human Resources Assistant (Shared Service Centre) coordinates and performs the full range of human resources support functions. He/she ensures quality, transparency and consistency of data and processes within his/her area of responsibility and contributes to the smooth functioning of human... resources operations.
The Human Resources Assistant (Shared Service Centre) reports to a professional staff and receives guidance from a Human Resources Associate. The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities, exercise initiative for dealing with cases without precedents and finds solution to problems after discussion with senior staff. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs, in particular the meeting of timelines and the quality of advice given to clients. The incumbent provides guidance and advice to other human resources support staff.
The Human Resources Assistant (Shared Service Centre) works closely with colleagues in the HR team and with managers and staff in client's offices, providing and coordinating experienced human resources support.
• Coordinate support services related to the employment and servicing of staff and mobile workforce; initiate a range of personnel actions such as appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.;
• Analyse and process a variety of complex human resources requests related to entitlements and benefits;
• Support the briefing and de-briefing of staff, provide information as to staff entitlements and specificities of contracts;
• Communicate with applicants and prepares offers/terms of employment;
• Collect and research background information; draft correspondence, reports and statistics related to all human resources functions as appropriate;
• Review, maintain and update confidential personnel information, records and files; ensure completeness and accuracy of records.
• Investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; prepare payment instructions;
• Train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit;
• Participate in the preparation of training materials and delivery of training to administrative staff in the Organization;
• Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work directly impacts on the smooth operations and the quality of overall output of the work unit. He/she plays a crucial role in the provision of human resources support services for successful achievement of the organizational unit's mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Four years of relevant experience in administrative and human resources support work.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient - level C) of English.
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. "Commuting distance" means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Very good knowledge of the essential elements of human resources activities and transactions, including corporate policies, rules and procedures.
• Very good knowledge of ERP corporate computerized administrative systems.
• Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
• Limited knowledge (intermediate - level B) of one of the other FAO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish
Human Resources Assistant (Shared Service Centre) Budapest jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.