Rijnlands Lyceum Wassenaar
Rijnlands Lyceum Wassenaar Wassenaar Netherlands
4 days ago
"We give our students the freedom to explore, the tools to set their own course
and the confidence to navigate the world."
The International School Wassenaar – Rijnlands Lyceum is a relatively new international secondary school that is located on the campus of Rijnlands Lyceum Wassenaar (part of the Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation). The first international students were welcomed in August 2019. Currently we offer MYP1 to MYP5 and have more than 225 students from many different countries. Our students are aged 11-16 years.
Would you like to work at a world school with an international department in a beautiful area? Then come and join our team and discover the world of Het Rijnlands
Rijnlands Lyceum Wassenaar/International School Wassenaar is looking for an
English teacher (temporary position due to pregnancy) 0,7404 FTE Tuesday - Friday
as per 1 May 2023 till 30 September 2023
You will work in our international department. You will teach and further develop the... International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) English curriculum. The successful candidate will be able to inspire and motivate students, and to deliver high quality teaching for their students in IB MYP English. Most of your classes will be MYP English Language acquisition classes.
• You are internationally-minded;
• Your level of written and spoken English is native;
• You are innovative, committed to learning and up-to-date with current research;
• You have a Dutch/European (or equivalent) Teaching qualification for the subject, preferably already recognised by the Dutch Government (a DUO recognition);
• You have a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands/Europe;
• Experience in teaching MYP English Language acquisition and MYP English Language and literature is preferable;
• Experience in teaching the age group of 11-16;
• Experience with meeting the individual needs of the students;
• You are aware of the developments within your field and you enjoy applying new insights into practice;
• You are flexible, organisationally strong, you put in 100% effort, you are an inspirator and motivator for our students;
• An excellent team player willing to work collaboratively and across the school, flexible and have the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community;
• Proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to teaching and wider professional practice.
• A role model for the IB Learner profile.
We offer you
• In any case, an employment contract based on the CLA Secondary Education. Your salary depends on your knowledge and experience;
• You will be working in an enthusiastic and diverse team of colleagues;
• In your first year, you will receive good guidance both within your section and by a supervisor at school;
• During your break, you can walk straight from our spacious schoolyard into the woods;
• You can work in our renovated staffroom with both workbenches and lounge areas;
• There will be meeting rooms created on the second floor of the staffroom so you can consult with your colleagues in a quiet manner;
• You will have all the tools at your disposal to do your job well, such as a laptop, which you can connect in every classroom;
• In addition to a salary in accordance with the CAO VO with, among other things, 8% holiday allowance and a 8,33% year-end bonus, 50 hours IKB (Personal Budget hours), we also offer you attractive additional benefits. Think of an interesting travel allowance, our employee scheme (cafeteria scheme) including sports facilities, and a bicycle plan. Furthermore you receive discounts on various insurances.
Proud of our school
We are a school for havo, vwo, gymnasium and international education. The foundation of the school is general special education; this means that we are completely neutral. Besides Dutch-speaking education we also offer bilingual education (TTO) and international education. At our international school we have students from all over the world, who are educated according to the IB programme (MYP and DP). With over 950 students, our school is an orderly organisation where everyone knows each other. We are proud that for the third time we received the designation "excellent school" and with the assessment "good" we received the highest possible rating of the Dutch Education Inspectorate. Our school is part of the Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation.
Vision and mission of The International School Wassenaar
The International School Wassenaar provides high quality education and guidance to international students in order to develop independent, international-minded thinkers with a great sense of responsibility for the world they live in. It is our mission to establish a caring learning environment through strong and genuine relationships within school, the local community and the world beyond.
Our application procedure
Have you become enthusiastic about this position? Then please apply via the application button below and send your letter of application (in English), a recent photograph and your full CV to the attention of Robert Verloop, Head of the International School. Deadline of applications: 13 May 2022. Please note that internal candidates have priority in the application procedure.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Robert Verloop: [email protected], tel: 070-5121800.
For more information about our school, please visit our website The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code and VOG procedure is applicable and can be obtained via our Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation website
Teacher English MYP Wassenaar jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.