Worley United States United States
2 months ago
Principal Consultant - Fuels and Chemicals
Advisian – the consulting arm of Worley. Be part of the solution...
The dual challenge of supplying energy to a growing population, while addressing the risks of climate change, is one of the greatest challenges the world is facing today. The energy transition isn’t just about alternative fuels, power generation, or use, or storage. It’s all the elements that contribute to the energy ecosystem. We view these challenges as opportunities to deliver a more sustainable world.
We’re developing strategies and business cases for emissions intensive clients to move to low carbon energy options, as efficiently and safely as possible. Our consultants are advising customers on circular and hydrogen economies, water stewardship, electrification, and climate change risk and adaptation. We work on projects around the globe. The problems are global and so are we.
Who we are:
• Advanced Analysis
• Asset Advisory
• Decommissioning and Restoration
• Energy Transition and Sustainability
• Environment and Society
• Market Services
• Safety Consulting
• Transport, Infrastructure & Logistics
Challenging complexity. Shaping a sustainable future.
Economic viability. Resource availability. Digital reliability. Carbon neutrality. These are the components of the world’s pressing energy and resource problems. Sound complicated and tough to balance? It is.
Luckily we thrive in complex environments
Join a community of consultants, scientists, strategists, and engineers all dedicated to solving the world’s critical infrastructure, environmental, energy, and resource challenges. By seeing things from a different perspective, we enhance the Worley Group’s ability to serve our clients. We are together delivering a more sustainable world.
We put sustainability at the heart of everything we do
We work with business to develop the right strategy, log in to a digital future, secure and safeguard social license, enhance local communities, and power the energy transition.
We know we won’t solve today’s problems by using the same thinking that created them. So, from start to finish, we challenge ourselves to find the best way forward. We question every decision, assumption, and way of working to make sure we get it right. The first time.
Rising to the challenge, together
We are thousands of consultants across the globe. Be part of the future – welcome to our growing team!
The candidate will provide specialist consulting advice to clients. They will have and develop in-depth know-how of preliminary process design, material balances, utility balances, cost-estimating, financial analysis, and operations in order to work with a diverse set of clients to offer bespoke solutions.
The primary job function is project execution. A secondary role will include proposal generation and technical expertise in support of sales opportunities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Support opportunities in process-related activities, which will include supporting refining, chemical, and/or low-carbon projects.
• Support of advisory services to clients including benchmarking, gap analysis, solution identification, justification, prioritization, ranking, and implementation.
• Manage assigned tasks on budget and schedule.
• Support proposal and marketing and business development activities for consulting services.
• Contributes to the preparation of proposals.
• Supports a continuous improvement culture.
Experience and Qualifications:
The candidates must demonstrate competency and experience in the following:
• Able to work within a ‘sell-do’ model.
• Strong self-starter and motivated to succeed.
• Ability to manage deliverables for multiple projects at the same time.
• Experience and knowledge of process design and technologies to produce refining fuels, chemicals, and/or renewable fuels and chemicals
• Strong technical acumen and problem-solving, optimization, and analysis mindset.
• Quick learner and positive “can-do” mindset.
• Understands the development of PFDs, P&IDs, Project Schedules, and Plot Plans.
• Experience with process plant design and sizing, equipment sizing, heat exchanger sizing, pump and compressor sizing.
• Process modelling experience using Aspen/HYSYS. PetroSim, UniSim, HTRI, PROII, or PetroPlan.
• Financial modelling experience or exposure is preferred but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills including ability to produce concise reports and presentations.
• Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent
• 10-20 years of relevant process engineering experience
• This position is open to remote working. It is advantageous, but not required, to be local to one of our three main offices: Houston, Chicago, or Los Angeles.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Able and willing to travel on occasional short-duration business trips
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley
Jobs in United States United States
Principal Consultant, Fuels and Chemicals United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.