HDR Kansas City MO United States
2 months ago
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists... builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The Building Performance Analyst will provide energy efficiency evaluations and identification of energy management opportunities on a variety of projects related to the built environment. The ideal candidate shall be an innovative individual, committed to sustainable solutions, and able to work on a team with multiple engineers and architects on larger projects in addition to independently on small and medium scale projects. The candidate must be competent in performing engineering calculations, conducting building modeling simulations and cost effectiveness analysis utilizing a variety of software tools.
This individual will be tasked with working alongside architects, designers, and engineers to develop building performance goals and design strategies for the project and optimize the design through the use of energy simulation. The selected individual will also be responsible for working with our cross-sector sustainability network team members, data driven design leaders and our digital practice group to evaluate, create, and implement new tools and software to improve our analysis capabilities and streamline our processes especially as it relates to decarbonization, energy analysis, occupant comfort, ESG, and CSR.
Thought Leadership and Public outreach within the design and sustainable industry is preferred. This includes speaking at conferences, publishing papers, and involvement in strategic industry professional organizations.
Specific responsibilities will include at all times and/or with an appropriate member of the division’s leadership team or designated person:
• Building Performance and parametric energy analysis and whole building energy modeling for planning, architecture, interiors, and consulting projects that may result in third party sustainable certification.
• Initiating project energy efficiency design concepts and idea discussions for building program layout, architectural solutions, building envelope and mechanical systems through vision sessions with the client and project team.
• Performing energy analysis and Life Cycle Cost Assessment (LCCA) for the project, establishing design standards, and performing hands-on engineering and design tasks as needed.
• Support Decarbonization analysis, conceptual parametric Energy Modeling, Sustainable consulting management, sustainable project management, proposal preparation, LEED Project Administration and Support compliance reporting against internal initiatives.
• Support and advising of internal and external project teams in targeting and achieving specific aspects relating to design and sustainability strategies and solutions.
• Energy/Energy Cost Savings calculations for individual and “bundled” energy efficiency measures.
• Establish baseline efficiencies and load profiles for end-use energy consuming appliances and other equipment.
• Help create in-house tools with the firm-wide Building Performance team that are parametric in nature and are output to online visualization platforms.
• Developing standardized deemed energy savings (from specific energy saving measures) for state Technical Reference Manuals used in utility incentive programs.
• Consult with multiple internal design teams on third party sustainability certification (i.e., LEED, etc.) and sustainable projects.
• Guide and advise design teams on projects, providing sustainable design input to ensure consistent and high-quality design throughout the studio. Support technical and sustainable design reviews of in-house projects.
• Assist in the preparation and delivery of sustainable design presentations to clients and drive consultant work to achieve design goals.
• Support consulting projects with exterior clients on building and non-building projects and collaborating on firm wide sustainable design and consulting projects.
• Understand the relationship and process of task delivery in relation to fee, resources, and allocation of hours to ensure a timely delivery, meeting the objectives.
Skills And Competencies
• Thorough knowledge of sustainability, building physics, integrated design, and Third-Party Sustainability guidelines (e.g., LEED, etc.).
• Thorough knowledge and ability to read Architectural, Civil/Structural, MEP and specialist drawings and specifications.
• Thorough knowledge of ASHRAE standards and IECC regulations regarding energy and sustainability.
• Working knowledge of state-specific energy standards and regulations such as California Title 24, Vermont’s CBES, NYC’s NYCECC, and Washington’s WSEC.
• Working knowledge in certification standards (LEED, IFLI, Guiding Principles, UFC 1-200-02 etc.) and application to Corporate/Commercial, Hotel/Leisure, Data Centers, Advanced Technology, Federal, Healthcare, Civic, Justice, Life Science and Higher Education projects.
• Thorough knowledge of DOE2/eQUEST, EnergyPlus/OpenStudio, EnergyPlus/Other GUIs, Trane Trace, Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, SketchUp, Cove.tool, and Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
• Working knowledge in PowerBI / Tableau dashboards preferred, but not required.
• Working knowledge of WUFI, LBNL Therm, and LBNL WINDOW. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software tools and IES energy analysis software is a plus, but not required.
• Working knowledge of Rhino 3D and parametric modeling / visual programming software such as Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee, Ironbug, Butterfly, and Python is a plus, but not required. Training available.
• Ability to interpret and apply results from energy and environmental performance analysis: Conceptual Energy Modeling; ASHRAE whole-building Energy Modeling; Renewable Energy Systems and feasibility analysis.
• Ability to perform Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) for building Mechanical systems utilizing DOE’s Building Life Cycle Cost (BLCC) software methodology.
• Working knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
• Ability to compile information from models and reports into easily understood and compelling graphics to share with the project team and client.
• Evaluating Building Performance Standards Programs.
• Knowledge of the technology behind key energy efficiency and conservation measures is preferred (e.g., lighting, HVAC, service hot water, data centers, building envelope, refrigeration, industrial processes, energy management and building automation control systems, Plug & Process Loads (PPL) motors and VFDs, electrical transmission/generation, etc.)
• Principles of renewable energy technologies, such as photovoltaics, solar thermal, kinetic energy, wind, and hydropower.
• Working knowledge of energy related financial analysis metrics, such as Net Present Value, Simple Payback, ROI, Annual/Present/Future Worth, Benefit-to-Cost Ratio and energy rate escalation practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and team working skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects annually, execute projects work plans and deliverables assigned to them.
• Proven ability to prioritize oneself and the work of others in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
• Self-starter with the ability to act in a proactive manner to execute job responsibilities.
• Energetic, outgoing personality to inspire project teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• Mechanical (HVAC) emphasis preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years in building performance analysis and sustainable design for large commercial building projects.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience doing mechanical system design of commercial or institutionalbuildings with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm. Corporate/Commercial, Hotel/Leisure, Data Centers, Advanced Technology, Federal, Healthcare, Civic, Justice, Life Science and Higher Education facilities experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with client managers, technical directors, business group directors and operations staff.
• Due to client requirements, candidates must hold US citizenship.
• EIT preferred if not eligible for PE yet.
• Certification or professional licensing in and energy/sustainability field (e.g., LEED, CEM, WELL, etc.) preferred, but not required.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Virginia-Glen Allen, United States-Illinois-Rosemont, United States-New Jersey-Lawrenceville, United States-Missouri-Kansas City, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Nebraska-Omaha, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor, United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Virginia-Arlington
Sustainability and Regenerative Design
Jan 23, 2023
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity in all of our offices. USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law. CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
Health and safety is also our priority. For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy. If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy
Kansas City MO USA
Jobs in Kansas City MO United States
Building Performance Analyst Kansas City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.