Elsevier Bengaluru Karnataka India
2 months ago
Complete Job Description:
Do you enjoy designing visualizations and dashboards that deliver a great user experience?
Are you creatively minded and like working with data to solve problems?
About our Team
The Analytics and Insight team within the Technical Infrastructure and Operations function uses data to create actionable and high-quality management reporting. Our team works with stakeholders across Technology to deliver robust insights about Elsevier’s technology estate.
Elsevier provides our customers with powerful digital solutions, helping them to research the biggest problems facing the world today. We work to build a culture that values best practices in engineering.
About the Role
The role involves designing and maintaining reports and dashboards in Tableau to deliver operational insights. Some areas of reporting include how we optimize our software license spend, our online availability or how we are managing our AWS resources.
The Data Analyst will... work with stakeholders across Operations and Technology teams to gather requirements and translate these into compelling dashboards. The Data Analyst will also support in building underlying data models for reporting.
This role is mapped to Elsevier’s Data Analytics career framework with clear development opportunities and career path.
Basic Skill Set Requirements:
• Overall Work Experience: 2-5 Years
• Relevant Experience in Tableau- Min 1 Year (any public work/portfolio if You have and can share will be helpful)
• Experience with data gathering and data cleansing (Data Visualization)
• Problem solving & Analytical skills.
• Strong Communication Skills.
• SQL skills
• Programming Skills.
• Designing and implementing engaging, interactive, and user-friendly dashboards in Tableau.
• Collating and analyzing large sets of operational data with a focus on data integrity and accuracy.
• Integrating data from various source systems and carrying out data cleansing and preparation.
• Contributing to the design of underlying data models for operational reports.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams and engaging with various stakeholders across TIO to establish reporting requirements.
• Analyzing and presenting different reporting options in line with requirements.
• Taking ownership of assigned initiatives and being proactive in seeking clarity where needed to drive work to completion.
• Producing ad hoc analysis to support operational and technology teams.
• Building a robust understanding of operational data sources and business systems.
• Possess strong data visualization skills and experience with creating dashboards in Tableau.
• Have prior experience in an analytical role.
• Have experience with data gathering, data cleansing and preparation.
• Have experience with SQL for querying and manipulating large volumes of data.
• Demonstrate curiosity and a problem-solving mindset, being able to anticipate issues and provide solutions.
• Exhibit strong attention to detail.
• Able to identify data anomalies and inconsistencies and ensure accuracy and quality of outputs.
• Demonstrate an agile mindset, be flexible and able to prioritize in response to changing requirements.
• Able to engage and communicate effectively with stakeholders across the business.
• Have advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Basic knowledge of AWS (especially Lambda, S3, Athena) would be useful but is not essential.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive.
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
• Group Life insurance/accident policy
• Generous long-service awards
• New Baby gift
• Subsidized food provided (applies to India- Chennai)
• Casual Leave, Sick Leave, Privilege Leave, Compassionate Leave, Special Sick Leave, Gazetted Public Holiday and Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Free Transport provided to and from the office (applies to India-Chennai)
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
Growing Every Day
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
Colleagues Who Care
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Together, we create possibilities.
Bengaluru Karnataka India
Jobs in Bengaluru Karnataka India
Data Analyst-II Bengaluru jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.