The James Hutton Institute
The James Hutton Institute Gibraltar Gibraltar
2 months ago
The work undertaken by The James Hutton Group is right at the top of the global agenda tackling problems such as the impact of climate change and threats to food and water security. To support the delivery of our scientific colleagues we have a range of roles ranging from shepherds to IT analysts.
Currently our Estates and Facilities Department has a vacancy for an Approved Electrician. The role involves carrying out all types of electrical maintenance, repair, installation work within the Dundee site.
To deliver effectively in this role you must be time-served with approved status, qualified to a minimum of City and Guilds level, have relevant experience of working within a maintenance environment and the ability to work unsupervised.
This post will be based in Dundee; there will be a requirement for occasional travel to the Institutes other sites within Scotland and the postholder will require a full driving license.
Please read the following job description thoroughly to ensure... you are the right fit for this role before applying.
Main Duties of Postholder
• Carry out all types of electrical installation work.
• Repair electrical equipment and systems within the Institute.
• Fault find on equipment, systems or installations as and when required.
• Oversee contractors to ensure PAT and fixed wiring testing is up to date and documented.
• Other duties as required.
• Time served, approved and qualified to City and Guilds level or above
• 18th Edition Qualification/Training
• Previous relevant experience of working as an electrician in a maintenance environment
• Experience of appraising, ordering parts and carrying out electrical installation work
• Excellent communications skills
• An understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental issues/risks
• Some knowledge of Communications/AV/Fire/Intruder/CCTV cabling and/or systems
• The ability to work unsupervised
Flexible in their approach and be adaptable to working with a variety of people.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible for this position.
Salary on first appointment is normally to the bottom of the scale, although in exceptional circumstances an appointment further up the scale may be considered.
At the James Hutton Group we look to employ and retain the best employees. To recruit and retain the best we offer a competitive salary which is enhanced with benefits to support a happy, healthy family life style.
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - A confidential service available to support employees and their families with work or personal problems. Providing access to professional counsellors, psychologists, and work-life consultants available to help and support individuals in tackling all types of problems.
Annual Leave – Generous entitlement up to 40.5 days a year, with carry over possible and guaranteed time-off for Christmas.
Pension - Employer Contribution of 15% in a Personal Pension Plan and employee contribution flexibility.
Self-managed hours and Flexible Working – option to manage and spread your working time in line with organisational needs to create a healthy work life balance
Approved Electrician Gibraltar jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.