I work for NSW
I work for NSW Sydney NSW Australia
2 months ago
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (Up to 28/06/2024)
Position Classification: Allied Health Assistant
Remuneration: $27.83 - $31.70 per hour
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ381716
Where you'll be working
Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is responsible for providing primary and secondary health care for people living in the Auburn, Blacktown, and The Hills Shire, Holroyd and Parramatta Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region. We are committed to our vision of 'better health services for the people of western Sydney and beyond' and to the delivery of health care or related services in line with our core values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
What You'll Be Doing
The dietitian assistant’s (DA’s) main role is to collect meal orders from patients at a set time for the three main meals of the day. The DA has a set work routine and ensures that patients on special diets receive their correct... meal order. The DA also completes a number of clinical tasks including monitoring and adjusting diet and meal orders; reviewing the food and fluid intake of patients; adjusting the food and fluid components of the meal; completing malnutrition screening; checking the accuracy of food trays and preparing/delivering infant and adult feeds. The DA works closely with the department head, deputy head, team leaders, diet supervisors, dietitians, dietitian assistants, food service staff and nursing staff.
People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/ Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Westmead Hospital car parking allocation model is changing. There is a waitlist for parking for new staff commencing at Westmead Hospital. This does not apply for staff with disability.
Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa or a period not shorter than the duration of the advertised position.
Qualification: Dietary Practices Certificate or Certificate 3 or 4 in Allied Health Service Assistant (Nutrition and Dietetics) or food science/nutrition undergraduate qualification or equivalent.
• High level customer service skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the use of the telephone.
• Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and team
• Excellent time management and organisation skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and use initiative
• Well-developed computer and administrative skills, including a working knowledge of Cbord and Cerner
• Previous work experience as a dietitian assistant or hospital/health worker, including nutritional screening and clinical duties. Experience in the preparation of infant formulas and enteral feed is preferred
• Knowledge of quality improvement practices in the workplace and willingness to be involved in quality improvement activities
Need more information?
• Click here for the Position Description
• Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Peter Talbot on [email protected]
Applications Close: 26 th March 2023
Sydney NSW Australia
Dietitian Assistant Sydney NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.