ParaMed Home Health Care
ParaMed Home Health Care Dryden Canada
2 months ago
Position: HSW (Home Support Worker)
Hours: Full Time
Community HSWs are now being offered a temporary $3.00/hour wage enhancement for patient care hours from the provincial government! This is your opportunity to make a difference in your community!
As a Home Support Worker, you will assist people in your community to live safely in their homes by supporting them with daily tasks and self-care activities.
You will receive free and paid training in a 3 week in-class program designed to teach you the skills needed to work as a Home Support Worker. Upon graduation you will be eligible for full-time hours and benefits.
Why you’ll love working here:
• Best in class training and development programs
• Celebration and Recognition programs
• Part time and Full-time opportunities and flexible scheduling options
• Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
• Company paid mobile device
• Mileage compensation
• Opportunities for education allowance for employees and family
• Employee... Assistance Program
• Employee perks and exclusive offers
What you’ll do:
• Travel from patient to patient completing several home visits per day
• Prepare meals and assist with meal-time
• Basic housekeeping duties
• Provide companionship and support the well-being of patients
• Assist with personal hygiene care including showering and bathing
• Support for basic activities of daily living
What you bring:
• Compassion and listening skills
• Passion for making a difference in your community
• Willingness to visit patient’s residences within a designated area
• Ability to work every other weekend
• Experience working with seniors and/or children is an asset
• Ability to pass or satisfy a Criminal Background screening upon hire
• Previous experience performing personal hygiene care is an asset but not necessary
• Valid driver license and access to a vehicle
ParaMed Home Health Care is Canada’s leading provider of home care service. We have been providing homecare and wellness solutions since 1974 and operate across Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and Nova Scotia. With 10,000 employees and over 75,000 patients, we are proud of the impact we bring to our communities through the delivery of high-quality patient-centered care.
ParaMed recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our patients and team members from Covid-19. A condition of employment with ParaMed is that all new hires receive all required doses of a Covid 19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
To apply for this position, please click the "Apply Now" button and attach an updated resume to your application.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ParaMed Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed hiring process.
This is a Union Position: UNIFOR Local 324-10
Union Classification: Personal Support Services (PSS)
Salary: LHIN Funded PSS Rates as per Collective Agreement
Location: Dryden, ON
Home Support Worker - HSW Dryden jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.