Shannex Incorporated Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Job Number: J- Job Title: Personal Support Worker Job Category: Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)/ Personal Support Worker (PSW) Job Type: Casual Date Posted: February 23, Closing Date: March 13, Work Location: Parkland on Eglinton West Schedule: Rotational Number of Positions: 4
If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better LivingTM.
We are searching for a Personal Support Worker to join our Parkland on Eglinton West team based in Etobicoke, Ontario.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end... of every day, you will know you've made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
• Hourly wage: Starting at $ 18.90 per hour + 8%(All inclusive wage)
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Free onsite parking
• Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
• Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
• Flexible schedule with ability to work 8 or 12 hour shifts
• Discounted meals
About the Opportunity
• Assists residents with hygiene and daily living activities, such as: bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, meals, and mobilizing according to the work assignment;
• Collaborates with the resident and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Resident Care Plan;
• Assists residents and Culinary workers during meal time;
• Assist in the planning and implementation of resident leisure activities on a daily basis;
• Cleans resident rooms, server and household common areas;
• Performs delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice;
• Documentation according to company policy;
• Communicates and reports relevant information regarding resident care or safety to Supervisor.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
• A valid Continuing Care Certification or Provincial Personal Care Workers course or equivalent.
• You have the ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Any previous course in Alzheimer's and Dementia Care to be an asset, and/or previous working experience with elderly in long-term care or a senior living environment.
• You ideally have a valid CPR & First Aid Certification.
It all began in when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters
Personal Support Worker Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.