Rheinmetall Brisbane QLD Australia
2 months ago
What We Are Looking For
About the Team
The Electronics Engineering team are responsible for the development, integration and testing of commercial and military electrical/electronic systems, based at our Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence in Redbank.
About The Role
The Principal Electrical Engineer – Capability Lead is responsible to plan, review and deliver development, integration and testing of commercial off the shelf (COTS), military off the shelf (MOTS) and\or custom electrical\electronic systems. The Principal Electrical Engineer – Capability Lead contributes either through technical leadership of others or individually in a specialist role to complete allocated work packages in line with schedule and cost constraints.
The Capability Lead side of the role is expected to require an average of 0.2FTE, with the remainder of the time direct booking. They will provide line management for a sub-group of the Electrical/Electronic engineering capability. The Principal... Electrical Engineer – Capability Lead is responsible for the management of people, processes and tools that can be applied by programs for delivery of products and services.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer – Capability Lead, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
• Carry out and\or lead highly complex engineering assignments requiring advanced electrical\electronic engineering knowledge and expertise;
• Research, design, development, manufacturing and testing of COTS\MOTS and\or custom complex electrical, electronic, and computing systems;
• Lead, direct, review and coordinate preparation of project documentation to ensure customer contract and company requirements are met;
• Participate and\or lead formal and informal Design Reviews;
• Prepare specifications, evaluate vendors and analyse internal \ external test reports;
• Represent the organisation as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects in core discipline;
• Interact with senior external personnel on complex technical matters often requiring coordination between organisations;
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity;
• Realisation of complex system requirements to provide robust and reliable electrical\electronic solutions;
• Document design specifications and implementation details, in accordance with electrical\electronic design standards and methodologies;
• Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to agree system designs, interfaces and protocols;
• Seek out new methods and techniques to manage technical risk and stakeholder relationships;
• Coach and mentor staff to develop their skills and capabilities;
• Co-ordinate raising new personnel requests, interviewing and on-boarding activities of new staff members;
• Conduct yearly goal setting, and the tracking of progress for each direct report;
• Co-ordinate the establishment, maintenance and training of software tools used within the Capability;
• Establish and deliver a competency and training program to develop and maintain key engineering skills;
• Conduct resource planning activities and maintain detailed tracking/forecasting to meet current and future business needs;
• Actively manage engineering resource allocations across active projects and ensure that engineers are available to support delivery Work Packages as scheduled; and
• Collaborate with project stakeholders on the estimation and review of Electrical/Electronic engineering labour to establish project Work Packages.
What Qualifications You Should Have
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Safety, Partnering, Openness, Respect and Trust. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
• Extensive experience in Electrical\Electronic Engineering and related disciplines (10+ years);
• Qualification from an accredited tertiary institution in a related discipline, or equivalent experience\combined education, including extensive professional experience;
• Hold or be eligible to obtain a (BL \ NV1 \ NV2 \ PV) Australian Security clearance;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the organisation externally on complex engineering matters, programs and technical capabilities;
• Strong individual contributor and strong team player in a professional environment;
• Advanced ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent activities, while Understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and extensive risk;
• Highly Advanced conceptual and analytical skills with strong attention to detail;
• Excellent levels of initiative and self-motivation;
• Expert research, planning and problem-solving skills relating to the development of new technologies or applications;
• Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships across all levels, with a strong customer focus;
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills with the ability to inform and influence key stakeholders;
• Substantive leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to drive innovation and lead change;
• Excellent ability to achieve results through subordinates and those outside of direct area of control;
• Demonstrated sound work ethic and ability to follow direction;
• Exposure to delivering engineering designs to meet electrical regulatory requirements;
• Exposure to electrical standards for delivery of engineering designs.(E.g. AS3820, AS3000, AS62368);
• Excellent ability to effectively communicate with reports, HR and leadership;
• High emotional intelligence, with the ability to control and express emotions in a professional manner;
• Exposure to delivering engineering designs to meet electrical regulatory requirements;
• Hold chartered professional engineering status with Engineers Australia;
• Previous Defence industry experience in delivering complex platforms\systems (desirable);
• German language proficiency (desirable);
• Ability to travel interstate and\or internationally when required (desirable);
• Understanding of military design standards including MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1275, etc (desirable);
• Knowledge of Australian Standard for Defence Contracting (ASDEFCON) processes (desirable);
• Understanding of WHS regulations (desirable) and;
• Solid understanding of strategic thinking (desirable).
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
What We Offer You
• Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do;
• Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases;
• Access to exclusive employee discounts with over 400 retailers in Australia to help reduce cost of living;
• On-site subsidised café with themed days and multiple dietary options;
• Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight;
• Flexible working practices;
• Opportunity to work on major projects within our Vehicle Systems (Logistic, Tactical Wheeled, Tactical Tracked), Electronic Solutions, Weapon & Ammunition Divisions;
• Generous internal incentive and referral program;
• Genuine career development and progression opportunities;
• Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing; and
• We are proud to be recognised as an Endorsed Employer for All Women by WORK180.
Who We Are
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall, a global technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
As an integrated technology group with more than 25,000 employees worldwide, the listed Rheinmetall AG stands for a strong, internationally successful company that operates in various markets with an innovative range of products and services. As a renowned development partner and direct supplier to the global automotive industry and a leading international systems provider for security technology, Rheinmetall draws on its high level of expertise in its basic technologies to address long-term megatrends, identify viable new markets with high growth potential and develop innovative solutions for a safe and liveable future. The focus on sustainability is an integral part of Rheinmetall's strategy. The company aims to achieve CO2 neutrality by 2035
Brisbane QLD Australia
Jobs in Brisbane QLD Australia
Principal Electrical Engineer – Capability Lead Brisbane QLD jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.