Department of Regional NSW
Department of Regional NSW Parramatta NSW Australia
2 months ago
• Ongoing full-time opportunity
• Location: Parramatta
• Salary $101,947.00 to $ 112,849.00 plus super and leave loading
• Closing date: 26th March 2023
NSW Public Works (NSWPW) is part of the Department of Regional NSW (DRNSW), and supports local and state government agencies to deliver critical infrastructure projects by providing expert advisory, planning, design, delivery and support services. Our work is in the hospitals, dams, water treatment plants and high schools – the real foundations of prosperous communities. We provide impartial advice and support at all levels of government and the private sector, and partner with experts to maximise the benefits of our knowledge and experience. We have offices all over the state, and provide local expertise for local issues. Our people are focussed on providing improved services to regional communities
Our team have access to a range of benefits that help you balance your life at work and at home. These... include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and, health and well being programs. While we work flexibly, there will be an expectation that you will live within a reasonable distance and frequent the office an average of 3 days a week. There will also be opportunity for travelling to regional towns during the course of a project.
About the role
As an Electrical Engineer you will be part of an Electrical Design Team within the Water Resources Management (WRM) Group of NSW Public Works (NSW PW) based at Parramatta. You will contribute to the design and delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure in regional NSW.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, you will:
• Undertake concept and detailed design for a range of high voltage and low voltage infrastructures, including preparation of reports, drawings, specifications, and cost estimation.
• Prepare a range of electrical engineering deliverables (2D drawings and 3D models) using BIM 360, Autodesk Construction Cloud and Revit independently with the support of a senior design engineer in accordance with Australian, NSW Public Works departmental and Council/ Agency standards and specifications.
• Liaise with power supply authorities, lodging application for power supply connection and obtaining design information packages.
• Interpret design briefs including specifications and drawings relating to high and low voltage power supply; and determine the type and arrangement of transformers, power lines and other equipment.
• Undertake studies and review options for Solar power supply systems.
• Coordinate with other disciplines using Autodesk Construction Cloud/BIM 360 and assist engineers and/or designers to ensure effective quality product.
• Review external design drawings and documentation using Autodesk Construction Cloud/BIM 360 to ensure compliance with the project requirements.
• Facilitate inputs from team members and other stakeholders to deliver project outcomes using advanced digital delivery methods. Record and address project design issues using Autodesk Construction Cloud/BIM 360 to track and record issues.
• Participate in site inspections of constructed works, asset conditions assessment, and testing and commissioning.
We are looking for a motivated engineer who thrives on working on multiple projects where project delivery, and technical excellence, is paramount. The ideal candidate shall meet, but not limited to, the following requirements:
• Electrical Engineering degree recognised by Engineers Australia with minimum five years relevant experience.
• High level experience in the design (ASP Level 3) of high voltage (3-33kV) power supply systems including substations and overhead and underground power lines.
• Experience in design of low voltage electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Understanding of Solar Power System Design.
• Proven knowledge and experience of Australian engineering design and construction standards for electrical.
• Highly proficient in MS Excel and Word. Demonstrated skills in Revit, BIM360/ACC document management platforms.
• Sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Current NSW Driver Licence and willingness to drive/travel to NSW regional towns which may include overnight stays.
Applying for the role
Apply by submitting a current resume and brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
For more information about the role, please click here to view the role description.
Additionally, if you would like to hear more about this role, please contact Ravindra Achary, [email protected], 0410 470 511
Applications close 26th March 2023.
A recruitment talent pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next 18 months
Parramatta NSW Australia (+1 other)
Jobs in Parramatta NSW Australia
Project Engineer (Electrical) Parramatta NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.