FoodLabs & Atlantic Labs
FoodLabs & Atlantic Labs Munich Germany
2 months ago
ABOUT THE VENTURE:
Reducing CO2e emissions is not enough to stay within the 2 °C target until 2050. We need to remove 10 Gigatons(!) of excess carbon from the atmosphere to beat climate change.
Carbon removal is so nascent that there is effectively no one with experience in the field but getting to the 10 Gigatons of carbon removals by 2050 is crucial. This represents 70% year-over-year growth for the next 27 years, twice as fast as software. We will need to bring in talent from many other industries and universities, have a strong focus on talent development, and champion the climate tech industry as a whole.
As a business model, we sell high-quality carbon credits per removed ton of CO2.
We are still in stealth mode, but backed by a well-known VC and are currently based at TUM in Garching, Munich.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be one of the first employees in Germany’s hottest CO2 removal start-up and help to shape and optimize our process design. Your ideas will pave the way for... many more engineers to build on in the coming years.
Your mission: Together with our CTO & CSO Paul & Steffen, you will conduct lab experiments on our CO2 removal system using our fully digitized test bench setup. You will be supported by our working students and take responsibility for optimizing our whole system design as well as helping to improve our air contactor design.
• Set up a simulation model of the whole system
• Conduct experiments on our test bench setup
• Improving the air-to-liquid contactor design
• Play a major role in upscaling our system, which includes a field-ready pilot plant for mid-2024
• Drive for new innovative solutions, new patent filings, and improvements to the system
• Take ownership for our product and actively shape our company with us
Nothing is set in stone at this point. We have identified and patented a very energy-efficient electrochemical process for CO2 capture. We do not have strong opinions in regard to the implementation, so you would be able to lead your initiatives.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
• You hold a degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Process Engineering
• You are an expert in chemical process design and optimization
• You have practical experience within the field of chemical process engineering
• You are familiar with CFD simulation and transport phenomena
• You can model complex system designs and assess their techno-economical implications
• You have experience in wet scrubbing processes or air contactor design
• You like to work independently, think entrepreneurial, and are excited to make decisions
• Do you like getting results fast and holding others and yourself accountable for hitting timelines? Then this role is for you.
• You love to build something and transform research into a working product
• You are an accurate problem solver, reliant, and work precisely
• You do not mind traveling as part of your job
What will get our attention even more:
• Previous experience in carbon removal technologies
• Industry experience in project management
• Deep understanding of thermodynamics and CFD simulation
Process Engineer (gn) @ Climate Tech Venture Munich jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.