QCIC Cape Town South Africa
2 months ago
QCIC is looking for a highly skilled professional who will assist in overseeing the people function for our global hubs. Reporting directly to the Senior HR Manager, you will work closely with the HR Generalist and HR recruiter/administrator in delivering objectives ensuring they are aligned with our business strategy and regional legislation. The successful candidate will direct and coordinate people-related frameworks from a human resources perspective and push through with the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department. The role will involve heavy implementation of HR policy, practice, and activities ensuring they are carried out within guidelines. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, planning, and actioning HR procedures and policies and giving input to the overall HR strategy. Candidates should be aware that this is an ‘in office’ role based out of our Cape Town hub and global experience is a must, those candidates with experience with UK, US... and Hong Kong HR functions are highly desirable.
What you will do
• Define, outline, and present Labour Relations frameworks (e.g. tools, processes, training, and communication) in support of the business and HR strategy to increase employee engagement and productivity.
• Influence managers both in-country and overseas to increase their understanding of Labour Relations (including Human Rights topics) aiming to increase their effectiveness at dealing with issues directly. Understanding the potential cross-business and global impact to reduce business risks and support constructive social partner engagement.
• Social Partner Relationships: Manage the individual and collective negotiation and management of labor relations policies and frameworks that aim to produce a constructive working relationship with social partners balanced with the business position and growth objectives in line with legislative requirements.
• Labour Relations Risk Management: Conducting impact and other risk assessments to proactively support business growth agenda, assess in-country risk in general, and manage follow-up processes in emerging markets.
• Employment Equity: together with the HR Generalist, drive and coordinate the implementation of the Employment Equity plan and strategy and ensure integration with the HR process, aligned to business strategy and in line with local legislation.
• Disputes and Issues Resolution: resolve issues as quickly as possible to minimise business risk, in liaison with legal advisors on individual issues that may set important precedents.
• Advising the business on Labour Relations related aspects to new business growth, mergers, and acquisitions to understand and mitigate risk and manage the smooth transition.
• Policy Development and Monitoring: In line with emerging best practices and legal changes, external liaison with professional / trade bodies and legal advisors, drafting communications and responses to issues as directed.
• Be the first point of contact for line managers and other personnel to provide advice and support on all Labour Relations issues.
• Provide advice on ER/IR matters to new business development, supporting business growth agenda in the country.
• Support global risk assessment and risk management activities.
• Assist in the amendment and drafting of internal documents such as policies, employment contracts, agreements, etc in line with our ISO requirements as directed.
• Raise managers’ awareness of Labour Relations and consult with the business on all related matters.
• Handle and resolve complex Labour Relations issues e.g. policy negotiation, dispute handling, represent the company at the CCMA, coordinate and prepare for disciplinary inquiries.
• Provide or coordinate with the Senior HR Manager to ensure legal advice and proactively provide guidance on new legislation to ensure compliance.
• Analyze Labour/Employee Relations activities and climate to proactively identify trends and areas for process improvement, presenting these to the Senior HR Manager as required.
What we are looking for
• At least 8 years experience as an HR Manager/Executive in an SME.
• Global HR experience is a must.
• Proficient with MS Office / Office 365.
• Chartered HR professional (SABPP registered)
• Proficient with HRIS.
• Completed Diploma in Labour Relations/ Labour Law.
• Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals & teams on a global scale.
• Mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of outcomes.
• Previous experience in a rapidly growing business, able to successfully identify opportunities for improvement and produce actionable items within a set timescale.
• Excellent global awareness and knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to use independent judgment.
• Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, leading by example.
• Highly resilient to changing priorities and able to multitask.
• Engaged within the business and have a flexible approach to work due to our global presence.
• Numerical and literacy skills; able to demonstrate effective written communication at a senior level.
NB: Security screening will be conducted on the successful candidate inclusive of financial background screening due to the nature of our client base.
Due to the high volume of expected applicants, it may not be possible to provide feedback to candidates who do not reach the interview stage
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
Human Resources Manager Cape Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.