Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany
Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany Frankfurt Germany
2 months ago
Position: Chemist - Laboratory Head, Medicinal Chemistry (m/f/d)
Head of Laboratory - Medicinal Chemistry (all genders) - part-time possible
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans - so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet.
That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at... every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
You will be a member of the medicinal chemistry group at our main research site in Darmstadt, located in the thriving greater Frankfurt area, Germany.
In this role, you will contribute to drug discovery approaches from hit finding to candidate delivery in oncology, immune oncology & immunology research programs.
You will lead a medicinal chemistry laboratory with 2-3 direct reports and be responsible for designing new test compounds, planning and realizing their synthesis, and evaluating their activity & properties. Applying modern synthesis methodologies, you are ensuring compound supply and synthesis scalability.
You will contribute to defining project and multi-parameter lead optimization strategies.
You will be part of our cross-functional and international project teams. Your tasks will include enhancing our external visibility and scientific excellence through publishing, collaborating with the scientific community, and participating in industry-academia consortia.
You will be mentored by more experienced drug discovery scientists and your personal development will be supported by trainings adapted to your professional interests and needs.
• PhD degree in chemistry and 1-3 years of postdoctoral research or equivalent work; prior relevant industrial experience would be preferred
• Solid understanding and practical experience of synthetic organic chemistry, passionate about the use of synthetic chemistry to address key questions in the field of life sciences
• Medicinal chemistry know-how and hands-on experience is desired
• Demonstrated high level of creativity and independence in solving complex scientific problems, experienced in working in a dynamic environment and within a multidisciplinary & international team
• Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written and spoken); experienced and interested in sharing skills, knowledge and enthusiasm by supporting and teaching junior staff
Chemist - Laboratory Head, Medicinal Chemistry Frankfurt jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.