Universitätsklinikum Münster Münster Germany
2 months ago
Position: Postdoc Biology, Biotechnology - Imaging Technologies (m/f/d)
The University Hospital of Muenster is one of the leading hospitals in Germany. Such a position cannot be achieved by size and medical successes alone. The individual commitment counts above all. We need your commitment so that even with little things we can achieve great things for our patients. There are many possibilities open for you so that you may develop with them.
The Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine at the University of Muenster, Germany, is offering a position in the Research Group Translational Radiology at the earliest opportunity, initially limited until 31.03.2025 with the possibility of extension.
Postdoctoral Researcher (gn*) Biology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry
• Full-time with 38,5 hours/week
• Salary according to German TV-L E13
- * gn=gender neutral
The postdoctoral researcher will be part of the research group of PD Dr. Anne Helfen at the Clinic of Radiology, which... focuses on the development and translation of new imaging technologies for detection and characterization of the inflammatory tumor microenvironment.
For this purpose, cell labeling strategies and disease-specific contrast agents for experimental and clinical magnetic resonance imaging as well as optic and optoacoustic imaging methods are developed and established. As part of the Cells in Motion Interfaculty Centre and of the SFB “in Sight” 1450 target-specific imaging probes are applied in a wide variety of preclinical and translational models.
• Development and evaluation of target-specific contrast agents for optical/optoacoustic imaging methods using in-vitro and in-vivo models
• Immunological and molecular biology methods to investigate tumor characteristics (e. g. cell culture, immunostainings, FACS, ELISA, blotting techniques)
• Presentation and publication of research data
• Acquisition of third-party funding
• A completed PhD degree in the field of biology, biochemistry, molecular medicine (or equivalent)
• Experience in conducting animal experiments (FELASA C would be desirable)
• Expertise in proposal writing and previous successful acquisition of third-party funding
• Experience in molecular biological standard techniques (Western blot, immunofluorescence staining, PCR, cell culture)
• Expertise in preclinical optic/optoacoustic imaging is desirable, but not mandatory
• Commitment to independent and team-oriented work
• High proficiency in spoken and written English and excellent computer skills
• Flexibility, commitment, ability to work in a team and interest in research-relevant topics optimally round off your profile
We offer cutting-edge research projects in a very motivated research team and in a highly attractive and active research environment within the Multiscale Imaging Centre, the new interdisciplinary networking facility for imaging science in Muenster. Certified training and continuous education opportunities provide the chance to further develop professionally with the possibility of habilitation and personal mentoring, which is a priority within the research group.
Applications of women are specifically invited. In the case of similar qualifications, competence, and specific achievements, women will be considered on preferential terms within the framework of the legal possibilities. Handicapped candidates with equivalent qualifications will be given preference
Postdoc Biology, Biotechnology - Imaging Technologies Münster jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.