Leibniz-Institut für Naturstoff-Forschung und Infektionsbiologie e. V. – Hans-Knöll-Institut (HKI)
Leibniz-Institut für Naturstoff-Forschung und Infektionsbiologie e. V. – Hans-Knöll-Institut (HKI) Gera Germany
2 months ago
Position: PhD Student Biology, Computational Biology - Immunology (m/f/d)
The Leibniz Center for Photonics in Infection Research (LPI, ) is a project of the National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures of the Federal Ministry of
Education and Research (BMBF). As one of the supporting institutions of the LPI, the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology (Leibniz-HKI, ) invites talented and highly gifted candidates to apply. The department of Infection Immunology seeks applications for the next possible date for a
Doctoral Researcher (f/div/m) in T-Cell Immunology
for three years initially. Funding is guaranteed until completion of the PhD.
The department of Infection Immunology addresses fundamental questions about the mechanistic basis of the human immunological memory. We investigate T-cell communication with the local tissue microenvironment in settings of infections, autoimmunity, and cancer. This research... has unraveled several novel T-cell functions and immunomodulatory factors (de Almeida et al. Sci Immunol 2022, Chao et al. Nat Immunol 2023). We use novel cutting-edge technologies in the area of high-dimensional single-cell analysis and within the LPI network (scRNAseq, spectral flow cytometry) to translate fundamental insights into translational applications for human health and disease.
The prospective candidate will have the opportunity to investigate the regulation of human tissue resident T-cells and their crosstalk with the microenvironment.
• Master in life sciences or in computational biology
• Experience in flow cytometry, cell culture, and in high-dimensional single-cell data analysis and programming skills are a plus
• Organizational skills and meticulous experimentation practices
• Great enthusiasm for translational science
• Ability to perform team-oriented and also to work independently
• Very good communication and writing skills are necessary
• A modern workplace in a brand-new building with top equipment (Cytek Aurora Spectral Analyzer and Sorter, single-cell sequencing, etc.)
• A cutting-edge highly funded research project in immunology
• A highly dynamic international team in a thriving research environment in a Leibniz Institute with many large collaborative projects such as the Cluster of Excellence Balance of the Microverse and participation in six DFG-funded Collaborative Research Centers
The successful candidate will be hosted in the department of Infection Immunology headed by Prof. Christina Zielinski.
We offer a multifaceted scientific project with excellent technical facilities, a place in a dynamic, committed team, as well as strong local, national, and international scientific collaborations.
The PhD candidate will participate in the structured program of the Jena graduate school International Leibniz Research School or the Jena School for Microbial Communication. The Leibniz-HKI is embedded in the outstanding scientific environment of the Beutenberg Campus, in particular the LPI, providing state-of-the-art research facilities and a highly integrative network of life science groups.
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees
PhD Student Biology, Computational Biology - Immunology Gera jobs
Jobs by Leibniz-Institut für Naturstoff-Forschung und Infektionsbiologie e. V. – Hans-Knöll-Institut (HKI)
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.