Agena Bioscience Hamburg Germany
2 months ago
Research Associate II, Assays By Agena
Location: Hamburg, Germany – Unlimited – Fulltime
Plan, organize, and execute studies in research and/or development group area of focus. Make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results, and maintain records according to prescribed standards.Collaborate with team members and within research department.
• Perform experiments under direct supervision according to departmental needs for particular area of Applications Development or R&D (e.g. assay development, sample extraction, feasibility studies, stability studies, genetic analyses, etc.).
• Execute studies by following written instructions.
• Analyze and interpret study results under guidance of supervisor.
• Operate standard laboratory instrumentation.
• Assist in ordering lab supplies.
• Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
• Maintain lab in accordance with regulatory and safety practices.
• Record experimental information... organized in notebook according to company policies.
Required skills and experience
• Proficiency with MS Office including word and excel.
• Knowledge in DOE and statistical data analysis tools.
• Proficient with organization, documentation, and communication.
• Completes a variety of complex or difficult tasks; uses standard protocols to determine methods and procedures for new assignments.
• Applies advanced technical/ administrative knowledge and skills.
• Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks.
• Requires experience and good knowledge of the job: a substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general job aspects, and a limited understanding of technical aspects of the job.
• Identifies and solves problems using defined procedures and policies.
• Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
• Makes routine decisions based upon established guidelines and department procedures.
• Independently recognize inconsistencies in quality of results and troubleshoot.
• Works independently on new and ongoing assignments by following standard protocols.
• Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
• Supervision is limited, no instructions are needed on routine work, and general instructions are given on new lines of work or special assignments.
• May provide on-the-job training to new team members.
• Typically coordinates information and resources across different teams, understanding the way these complement and support each other.
• Frequently interacts with peers and supervisors exchange or present factual information.
• Prepares support materials for presentation by others.
• Works on individual or team assignments.
• Interacts within department and on occasions with other groups to meet department objectives.
• Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and projects.
• Follows team efforts and decisions.
• Helps build consensus when necessary.
• May participate in training lower level employees in area of expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or related sciences.
• Experience with biochemistry techniques including mass spectrometry.
• 2 - 5 years experience in a laboratory environment.
• Experience with DNA diagnostic techniques including PCR amplification.
• Experience with genomic databases and assay development for clinical diagnostics.
Physical Demands & Environmental Conditions
• Regularly walks, stands, and sits.
• Regularly works with pipettes, laboratory instrumentation/equipment and on computer for approximately 6-8 hours a day.
• Exposed to biohazards and other hazardous materials (chemical reagents and samples) on a regular basis.
• Occasionally lifts, pushes/pull, and carries 5-25 pounds when transporting samples for up to 2-3 hours per month.
• Exposed to hazardous materials (dry ice) on a weekly basis.
• Must follow lab safety practices when working with frozen or hazardous materials including use of personal protective equipment such as: gloves, lab coats, and safety glasses.
• Must be able to read and understand scientific and complex directions.
Agena Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
Research Associate II Hamburg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.