Melton City Council
Melton City Council Long Forest VIC Australia
2 months ago
Full Time Permanent Position
Remuneration Package Negotiable
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a community where everyone belongs. Ours is a vibrant and diverse municipality—one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state-of-the-art amenity and facilities, engaging health and wellbeing options, and support to become active members of our Lifelong Learning City.
We invest in innovation, offering professional and personal development, and generous leave and flexibility to staff, while also fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home in a dynamic setting featuring cafes and retail options set amongst heritage buildings and open green spaces.
You will work within a highly motivated, collaboratively and positive team, with an innovative and engaging mindset. You will work on a broad range of exciting and dynamic projects including the development of open... space, community and childcare centres, activity centres, recreational reserves, streetscapes and as well as the development of strategies and guidelines. We offer a supportive work setting for learning, growth and professional development, whilst also supporting a flexible work environment.
As Team Leader Landscape Architecture you will:
• Lead a diverse range of exciting transformative design projects for Council’s parks, open space and play spaces.
• Contribute and advise on Council’s capital projects to ensure our landscape improvements are of a high standard and meet the needs of our community.
• Lead and mentor a small team of landscape architect professionals to deliver great place-based outcomes for our community.
• Lead the Landscape Architecture team, providing expertise in the areas of the delivery of new public landscapes, project management, stakeholder and community engagement and consultation
• Manage, facilitate, prepare and review the development of plans, strategies guidelines and funding submissions to guide minor and major capital works projects and ensure quality future development outcomes in the public realm and public space that will benefit the municipal community.
• Review landscape drawings, specifications and cost estimates and provide feedback to consultants and other Council departments.
• Work collaboratively across Council departments on the preparation and development of capital works projects, initiatives, strategies and guidelines.
• Advocate, influence and contribute to cross-departmental projects to provide landscape architectural advice and recommendations of public realm and public space improvements across the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
• Tertiary qualification in Landscape Architecture or related discipline with demonstrated and substantial experience.
• Demonstrated experience in all facets and requirements of site analysis, landscape design, development, documentation, construction and supervision.
• Highly developed liaison skills with the ability to gain co-operation and build rapport with multi-disciplinary teams, Council staff, government agencies and external stakeholders to develop effective and productive working relationships and achieve positive organisational outcomes.
• Highly developed written, verbal and graphical communication skills, with the ability to prepare, develop, present on a variety of subjects as required, clearly and concisely for a range of audiences.
• Proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and proficiency with computer design software AutoCAD, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
• Current valid Victorian Drivers Licence.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "A vibrant, safe and liveable city accessible to all" and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
• 19 Day Month
• Flexible Working Hours
• Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
• 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
• 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
• Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Melton City Council | Australian Breastfeeding Association)
• Wellbeing initiatives
• Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benef
Long Forest VIC Australia
Jobs in Long Forest VIC Australia
Team Leader Landscape Architecture Long Forest VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.