Newport Healthcare Pleasanton CA United States
2 months ago
Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff members, and we do... that through offering industry-competitive salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part of a team that's dedicated to providing compassionate care based in authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love—and experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young people and their families each and every day.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families .®
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Art Therapist will develop and deliver a therapeutic program utilizing art and expression that encourages meaningful and positive experiences for residents and achieves the greatest benefit and resolution of symptoms through established therapeutic procedures.
Essential Art Therapist Responsibilities
• Develop and deliver a comprehensive 12-week therapeutic curriculum utilizing visual and expressive arts including but not limited to drawing, painting, sculpting, and writing .
• Assess milieu needs and adjust therapeutic interventions as needed based on the needs of the resident and the core target group .
• Confer with other professionals on client's treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate interventions that will have the greatest benefit toward achieving clinical objectives for treatment.
• Work with the Program Director and/or Clinical Director on program development, scheduling and coordinating services for group therapy, activities and events.
• Coordinate art showcases to display artwork produced by clients.
• Coordinate field trips for residents on Phase III to museums or other public displays of art.
• Observe client reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to art therapy and c ommunicate with resident’s treatment team to ensure continuity of care.
• Be responsible for the timely completion of clinical documentation (assessments, progress and group notes).
• Attend weekly clinical supervision
• Attend trainings as needed.
• Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field required from an accredited or state approved graduate school. Doctorate degree preferred
• Licensed Marriage Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work is preferred in the state in which you are applying.
• Board certification in art therapy strongly preferred.
• Minimum 1 years’ experience working with individuals and group with young adults
• Training or experience in trauma-informed treatment preferred.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary Range for this position $38.60- $48.85 per hour, based on education and experience
Company paid Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email [email protected] for assistance.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Pleasanton CA USA
Jobs in Pleasanton CA United States
Art Therapist - Part Time Pleasanton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.