ABB Kraków Poland
1 week ago
Software Team Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are in an interesting moment of creating a new software team in Kraków that will develop new solutions and service applications for installed base management, assessment of substations, maintenance planning and recommended actions, user account management and safety applications.
As a Software Team Manager, you will lead the team developing Electrification (EL) Service ecosystem based on ABB Ability EL Common Platform, implementing and facilitating successful on-boarding of HaaS and SaaS digital solutions... including applications for handheld devices and HoloLens. You will ensure thorough testing and troubleshooting successful rollout and quality of the final system setup and provide subsequent maintenance and customer support. You will exhibit an understanding of how to best configure and implement software and confirm all resources are in place to implement software on-time and on budget. In synchronization with global product management your team will be implementing technology projects and growth strategies to enhance ABB’s global position and profitability in the medium/long term.
This is a position with global grade
This position reports to
Electrification Business R＆D Department Manager
• Manage and lead the team of 5 people to perform a variety of software engineering tasks in the area of software development, software quality, DevOps, release management and in long term support and maintenance. People management expected to be around 25 % of the position’s time
• Plan capacity and resources for projects
• Lead the development process according to Agile methodologies (Scrum)
• Overview and contribute to software architecture of Cloud based Service platform
• Contribute to the software product roadmap by supporting Product Management in defining requirements and estimate the implementation effort
• Collaborate with variety of stakeholders to determine right software requirements including cybersecurity; structure relationships to build rapport, trust and respect
• Keep knowledge up to date regarding new and emerging technology and industry practices and make sure to be used in executed projects
• Take part into regular meetings with Platform team as technical representative of Electrification Service Division team and maintain a project plans synchronized with EL Cloud Platform roadmap
• University degree in Information Technologies Engineering in the area of IoT, Analytics and Cloud Platform, with fundamental knowledge in Platform as a Services and Software as a Service cloud patterns
• Solid experience in architecting and implementing enterprise grade scalable solutions
• Experience in software team management, ability to create a good atmosphere at work, motivate people and take care of team members’ development
• Proven expertise and understanding of technical requirements of cloud applications connectivity (IoT, Edge Cloud, Hybrid Systems)
• Familiarity with web technologies (React, NodeJS, Angular, HTML5) and containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
• Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, communication experience with middle and senior management
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Software Team Manager Kraków jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.