Avenues São Paulo State of São Paulo Brazil
1 week ago
Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a global curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues: The World School seeks an Associate Division Head to join the Primary Division leadership team in our São Paulo campus. The Avenues Primary Division provides each child with the social and academic skills needed to interact and explore the world as confident and effective learners. In the Primary Division our teachers implement hands-on, experiential activities to enable students to acquire essential skills, engage in creative thinking, broaden knowledge, and deepen understanding. This Associate Division Head is... the leader responsible for helping to realize this vision in the upper primary grades, ensuring that those grades are an extraordinarily engaging place to work, a laboratory of deeper learning for all teachers and a thriving community.
What Will You Do?
As Associate Division Head, you will:
• Drive deep student learning across two grade levels, by guiding teachers to develop and teach high-quality curriculum, engage all students in challenging, meaningful work, and address individual student needs
• Build a thriving culture of commitment to excellence, collaboration, and constant learning among colleagues, students and families
• Be an inspiring role model to students and faculty, nurturing positive relationships and providing support and care for all students.
• Lead a team of talented faculty to accomplish great things with their students, and coach teachers to continually improve by giving regular, useful feedback
• Be an exemplary lead learner, always reflecting, growing and seeking to improve
• Enthusiastically take on the innumerable responsibilities and challenges that come with leading and innovating in a top-tier school
Who Are You?
You bring all or most of the following:
• Superb ability as a teacher, with a deep understanding of high-quality instruction in grades 1-5; expertise in inquiry and project-based learning highly preferred
• Instructional leadership skills to guide teachers - and teacher teams - to grow in teaching practice and create deeper learning for students
• Experience developing curriculum that achieves ambitious learning outcomes
• Management ability, to lead teams in which teachers are engaged in their work, constantly growing and accomplishing great things together
• A missionary zeal for transforming education, and for changing the world through it
• An innovative, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than following established paths
• Skillful at working across lines of difference on a multi-cultural team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks
São Paulo State of São Paulo Brazil
Jobs in São Paulo State of São Paulo Brazil
Associate Division Head, Primary Division (Grades 2-3) São Paulo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.