City Colleges of Chicago
City Colleges of Chicago Chicago IL United States
2 months ago
Harold Washington College...
The Harold Washington College Library supports the mission of the
College to uphold high institutional and academic standards and to
understand and improve student learning by offering a variety of
services and resources designed to support the curriculum and to
foster the life-long learning pursuits of the HWC community. We are
currently seeking a part-time Librarian. This position is
responsible for providing professional services to students,
faculty and staff. The position will provide a full range of
services that include section management, customer service,
reference assistance, academic advising and education to students
regarding the use of the college library. If you are interested in
working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with
students, consider joining our team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs specialized tasks involved in the acquisition,
cataloging, referencing and circulation of library materials.
• Assists all library users with electronic and print
• Assists staff and patrons in identifying and locating documents
• Adapts cataloging of new materials using the Library of
Congress Catalog or similar systems.
• Researches and solves complex bibliographic identification
• Selects, orders, catalogs and classifies special collections of
technical books, periodicals, slides, films strips, motion
pictures, video tapes, journal reprints and other materials.
• Performs literature searches and annotates or abstracts
• Assists patrons in research problems.
• Must have familiarity with Internet sources and the ability to
search on-line databases.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
• Master’s degree in Library Science is required.
• Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current
operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to
improve the functioning of the department.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required with
the ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
(both inside and outside of the organization).
• Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse
environment with the ability to handle all situations with tact and
• Must be flexible, innovative and possess excellent analytical
and problem-solving skills.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
Harold Washington College , located at 30 East Lake Street
in Chicago's Loop, is a student-centered institution that empowers
all members of its community through accessible and affordable
academic advancement, career development and personal enrichment.
At HWC, employees contribute to the success of our students while
enjoying competitive compensation and outstanding benefits
packages. Build your future at City Colleges of Chicago and ensure
more students complete their curricula - college-ready,
career-ready and prepared to pursue their life’s goals. This is an
exciting time in the history of City Colleges of Chicago (CCC),
District 508, the largest community college system in Illinois and
one of the largest in the nation
Chicago IL USA
Jobs in Chicago IL United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.