albelli-Photobox Group Amsterdam Netherlands
2 months ago
Are you a graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Economics or Business Administration? Are you looking for a challenging role in Accounting automation?
albelli and Photobox Group have merged to create a leading player in the online European Photo Product and Gifting market. Together we now serve a pan-European customer base of over 7 million customers, supported by our 1,150 colleagues across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Norway and Sweden. We are focussed on inspiring our customers to easily make beautiful photo products and bring their special moments to life.
The (senior) accounting application support analyst is responsible for maintaining cloud applications (such as Oracle, APRO, SRXP, RF Smart, etc) in operation with optimal availability. As a member of the accounting team, you will analyze tickets raised by user(s) and provide response/resolution to the user or work with the concerned teams/3rd... party providers to address the issues as per the Operational/Service Level Agreement with the business. The individual will work closely with the business (Accounting, FP&A, SCM, QA, HR, etc) and solution architects to design and deliver enhancements to these cloud applications. Furthermore, you will play a key role in the company’s merger and acquisition efforts, including the drive towards automation of accounting services. The position is based in Amsterdam or Den Haag and reports to the Accounting Manager
• Maintain and support existing applications (e.g., Oracle Cloud, APRO, SRXP, RF Smart, etc) that are integral to day-to-day business operations and contribute to the development and implementation of new applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification and improvement to business requirements.
• Provide support and troubleshooting for all applications, perform thorough testing (including regression testing) prior to integrating new solutions and/or applications.
• Monitor, identify, and correct deviations from the norm in the various ERP systems to maintain fully functioning applications.
• Support the implementation of financial systems process changes and enhancements as part of the ongoing continuous improvement procedures, ensure all changes are effectively implemented, including designing and preparing business reports that portray trends and insights for management decision making.
• Maintain documentation of the application environments, including work instructions and (implementation) manuals.
• Assess business process requirements to identify what specific solutions and/or applications can improve business operations and advise in the selection of new applications or designing new solutions. This involves regularly evaluating the current state of the applications, identifying aspects which could be improved and recommending changes to facilitate those improvements.
• Establish and maintain constructive relationships with several business process owners and subject matter experts in the company (i.e., Accounting, FP&A, SCM, QA, HR, etc) and 3rd parties to ensure the various business application are fit for purpose.
• Perform month end close activities including support to the business on the appropriate accounting treatment for transactions, including research and resolution of technical accounting matters and liaising closely with accounting operations.
• Participate in external audits to ensure full regulatory and statutory compliance of the company.
• Partake in control activities to guarantee the integrity of reporting outcomes, including periodic Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Economics or Business Administration.
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience in accounting application support.
• Knowledge and understanding of IFRS accounting principles.
• Advanced skills in MS Excel, including the ability to create reports as well as quickly detect shortcomings in existing reports, if any.
• Demonstrated high level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate technical and non-technical information, ideas, procedures and processes in English. Dutch, French and/or German is a plus.
• Hands-on mentality, proactive, self-reliant and an entrepreneurial attitude with a high level of autonomy and self-accountability.
• Highly motivated, proactive and open-minded team player with a flexible attitude (i.e., no 9-5 mentality) who is able to work as part of a team and coordinate activities with other departments in an engaging way (i.e., no silo mentality)
• Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and with all levels of the organization and cope with rapidly changing information;
• Experience in Oracle Cloud including dealing with integration is an advantage,
• 24 days of annual leave with a healthy work-life balance
• Budget for personal growth and development, including external training, courses, and conferences
• 8 weeks out of the year to work working remotely abroad
• An informal, fun, proactive, and inclusive culture with a social atmosphere (Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.)
• A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Amsterdam!
• A fast-growing e-commerce environment
• An internationally diverse company of 50+ nationalities
We offer a hybrid working environment and this role is based out of our Amsterdam office, located next to Central Station with stunning views of the harbor, and the numerous canals running through the old city.
The office is spread over five floors, with ample amenities and easy walking distance to nearby shops, cafes, and restaurants.
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable adjustments in order for you to perform at your peak during the interview, please let our HR team know ahead of time so that they can assist. We will consider the matter carefully and try to accommodate your needs within reason. If we consider a particular adjustment would not be reasonable we will explain our reasons and try to find an alternative solution where possible.
We aren't able to offer sponsorship for this role so please only apply if you have the right to work in the Netherlands
Accounting Applications Support Analyst Amsterdam jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.