The Palladium Group
The Palladium Group Nairobi Kenya
2 months ago
Our Data, Informatics, and Analytical Solutions (DIAS) group is made of three portfolios that strengthen and harness digital and data ecosystems to accelerate development investments and outcomes: 1- Information Systems (IS), 2- Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Analytics (MELA) and 3 – Digital Solutions and Transformation (DST).
Palladium is seeking a Senior Associate, Data Analysis & Data Visualization to support the information systems portfolio's technical delivery of informatics solutions on projects across the company. Working with the Informatics Implementation Manger and other technical specialists, the Senior Associate, Data Analysis & Data Visualization will conceptualize, develop, and implement analytic and visualization techniques to build high-quality data and information products. In addition, the Senior Associate will also contribute to the design and implementation of ideal data architecture and engineering structures necessary to support analytic... outputs while contributing to Palladium's business growth strategies around informatics, analytics, and data use. They will also provide capacity building to support Palladium's projects.
The Senior Associate – Data Analyst & Data Visualization position is based in Palladium's Nairobi, Kenya, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or Washington, DC office.
You and Your Career:
If you are a collaborator and a doer, possessing sharp analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, we are interested in hearing from you.
We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career
Reporting and Supervision
• The Senior Associate – Data Analyst & Data Visualization reports to the Manager, Informatics Implementation
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the IS portfolio to develop data strategies specifically around data structures, identification of critical information, as well as the tools used to discover analytical data
• Perform research, aggregation, and analysis on large data sets – data exploration, trending, modelling, etc.
• Develop and generate high-quality dashboards, information products, and infographics to generate meaningful use of data for decision making
• Develop technical documentation including SOPs, user guides, training materials and other related documents
• Influence interventions by generating understandable, actionable, data-driven insights and data visualization products that visually identify key themes
• Work with technical advisors to understand, clarify and document data analysis and reporting needs
• Advise and build the capacity of country project teams on data analytics and visualization fundamentals, effective dashboard design, and agile dashboard development approach.
• Develop structures for improving data storytelling using dashboards, such as the narration of animated charts to highlight key points
• Collaborate with DIAS and country project teams responsible for project outcomes to determine the most effective and efficient ways to capture and visualize data and provide support accordingly
• In collaboration with other relevant technical counterparts across DIAS, contribute to the company's growth plan to strengthen information systems, data analytics, and data use
• Keep abreast with the most current global trends and standards in data analytics and visualization and recommend data architecture and engineering structures necessary to support data mining, reports, analytics, and dashboards
Key Competencies Required:
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and agile environment with cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives
• Experience working with large datasets (on relational as well as non-relational data stores) and excellent understanding of metadata, aggregate and client-level data
• Experience in data discovery and analytics development with recent proven experience developing data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting
• Proficient in data analysis, interpretation, and packaging of information products for different audiences including decision-makers, thought leaders, and international donors
• Experience in creating interactive dashboards and data visualization using BI tools e.g. (Tableau, Power BI and other tools)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to mentor and train through a variety of methods including online, face-to-face, or blended learning opportunities
• Strong program management, organizational, and interpersonal skills required
• Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing for priorities effectively and efficiently often within a required timeframe
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
• Advanced understanding of statistical packages such as Stata, SPSS, Epi, QGIS or similar would be an added advantage
• Strong understanding of query/reporting tools, SQL, Advanced Excel, (or similar visualization tool), R/Python or, other statistical tools
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started
Senior Associate – Data Analyst Nairobi jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.